what ammo should i get??  

8 members have voted

1. 1. 7.62 X 39MM 122GR AMMO

• Hollow Point
    • Full Metal Jacket

Remember that these hollow points are not like expanding pistol hollowpoints. They do not expand and are not good hunting rounds. They are more of a target round. Penetration and terminal effects will be better with FMJ. Nalioth's advise to use soft-points for expansion is great advise. For plinking around and practicing, buy whatever is cheapest.

Of course, if lethality is all you care about, keep a mag full of Carbon DPX in the safe.

yeah i already got em, no worries, i Heard that the HP allowed a more uniform poor of the lead.

not for expansion but for proper balance.

who knows... hopefully it will be affective against the hordes of water bottles and paper tigers..

I love using old bowling pins for targets. They take a beating! Laminated hardwood center rubber outside. You can splinter the hardwood, and the rubber holds it together. FMJ leave a dimple on entrance and exit. Soft point are the same. 1 Bowling pin can take a lot of rounds and still look ok! I did a home cooked balistics test with 3 pins , one mag of 30 rounds... 10 FMJ 10 soft point, 10 wolf HP. Every HP round left a golf ball sized hole on the back side of the pin. Shreded it... the other 2 looked like they could still be at the alley.

7.62x39 HP DO EXPAND. that little pinhole on the front end makes a lot more of a difference than is being explained here.