I read that Black Dog machine may make parts for the WASR22 if there's enough demand. They may make a barrel and other parts for it which would be great since Century is not able to get the maker to manufacture anymore rifles.

I have an extra receiver flat which I could make a WASR22 out of if the parts were made available. I also have extra AK parts which had to be discarded and replaced with US made parts since USC922r doesn't apply to .22 rimfire guns.

I'm sure if Black Dog made a barrel and other parts for a .22 AK they would sell a shitpot of them. I called on mine and should be sent out in the next few days. I can't wait for it to get here, not only that its another Ak variant, but it's going to be cheap as hell to shoot. Nothing better then getting the muscle memory, being able to pull the trigger, hearing it go bang (or pop) and doing it all over again. NOW...more 100 proof rum please...:bad_smile:

HAPPY ST. PATTYS DAY!!!!

I'm sure if Black Dog made a barrel and other parts for a .22 AK they would sell a shitpot of them. I called on mine and should be sent out in the next few days. I can't wait for it to get here, not only that its another Ak variant, but it's going to be cheap as hell to shoot. Nothing better then getting the muscle memory, being able to pull the trigger, hearing it go bang (or pop) and doing it all over again. NOW...more 100 proof rum please...:bad_smile:

I would buy a couple kits and so would one of my friends. The Romanians decided not to sell more of these WASR-22s for some reason, their loss and Black Dog's gain. Black Dog wouldn't have to make a barrel but they could provide to mount an off the shelf barrel like the 10/22 barrel which would allow us to make a WASR-17 rifle as well for the .17 caliber shooters and varmint hunters. The 10/22 barrel would be ideal since it's easy to get one or an aftermarket barrel and it's easily mounted in the receiver with two bolts and a V block.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Good info guys...thanks!

I just added another variant to my collection last night! Yay!

So of course my first question is about compliance, because I plan to put a PG on it. Is this info here 100% correct?

I also have extra AK parts which had to be discarded and replaced with US made parts since USC922r doesn't apply to .22 rimfire guns.

I spoke to Black Dog Machine and they said that they plan to make parts in the fall for the WASR-22 since the Romanian Cugir plant won't make any more. Presently they are busy with other projects and when those are done they will make parts. This is great. I even have a receiver ready with rear trunnion, and all the unused parts which were replaced to comply with the USC922r in my centerfire rifle. I have a pistol grip and fire control system ready since the USC922r does not apply to rimfire rifles, I finally get to use them something.

Way to go BDM.