Pick up my new Saiga 12; NOW WHAT?

How to best de-virginize a Saiga S-12?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What's the 1st thing you would do to your new S-12?

• Collapsible or Folding Stock with pistol grip.
    • Forearm with rails- please make suggestions
    • Muzzle Brake- please make suggestions
    • New sights- please make suggestions
    • Get a couple of high capacity mags- suggestions?

...I plan on a rear picatinny rail for some type of optics.

Remember if you go with the ultimak one, which I suggested, there are two versions.

Fits adjustable sight rib models only.

http://www.ultimak.com/M11-s.htm

For fixed-sight Saigas only.

http://www.ultimak.com/M11-L.htm

The "rib sight" looks like a standard shotgun sight, though the one on my was a rotten POS, it popped off after about 5 mags. Mine is an early 2000 model, I think all of the newer firearms have the fixed sights.

Rib Sight Pic: http://club.guns.ru/eng/sig12/sig121.JPG

Just wanted to make sure you know!

Keep the good advice coming!

My wife informed me, I have to wait for tax returns to see how much I can spend. I didn't argue, she bought my gun as a B-Day present to me.

While I appreciate your concern. It's my understanding that it's legal to own fully automatic weapons in my state. I know it's perfectly legal to own automatic rifles my state. However, I'll dbl check the law concerning fully automatic shotguns.

I don't mean to argue but in the USA you cannot legally be transferred a fully automatic firearm that was made after 1986 so all FA Saiga 12's are out. The ones you see online are made by class 3 manufacturers for themselves they cannot legally transfer them to a civilian. This is a federal law no matter what state you live in. That is why all FA weapons are expensive because they all have been made and they can't make anymore ever for civilian ownership.

Also remember once you stick a mag over 5 rounds in a Saiga shotgun it now comes under 922r and you have to replace parts to be compliant. That is why many just go ahead and do a conversion while they are at it. The same goes for a pistol grip and probably a flash hider too. Do yourself a favor and read the law yourself and make your own decision based on what you have read.

Can you please site the statue in the US Code of Laws that addresses this issue. Because I've talked to a Class III dealer who says it is still legal to buy select fire weapons. He was selling NEW 223 caliber full autos with Grenade Launchers at a recent gun show I attended. He said all I was required to do is pay a $200 tax stamp and go through a BG check.

BTW; I didn't biuy one at the time because it cost several thousand dollars. I may buy one in April when the show returns.

I sure would like to know the exact statue where this is illegal.

Can you please site the statue in the US Code of Laws that addresses this issue. Because I've talked to a Class III dealer who says it is still legal to buy select fire weapons. He was selling NEW 223 caliber full autos with Grenade Launchers at a recent gun show I attended. He said all I was required to do is pay a $200 tax stamp and go through a BG check.

BTW; I didn't biuy one at the time because it cost several thousand dollars. I may buy one in April when the show returns.

I sure would like to know the exact statue where this is illegal.

It is called the National Firearms Act of 1986 Google it and you will find out all about it Here is one to start off with: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act . If he was selling it it was either made before 1986 or it had a drop in auto seer installed that was manufactured before 1986.

Does anyone have a "Wraithmaker" drum?

I prefer this look to a regular stlye drum.

lol here goes.

I don't recommend this drum.

Reasons?

They don't function well, a quick search will answer all your questions.

Edited by lipadj46