Thoughts on ammo prices, a comparison with past situations

Okay, everyone remember about 8 months, maybe a year ago, when no one thought they were going to be able to get saiga 12's? Stock s12's were going for around $1000-1200 on gunbroker, everyone was sold out. There was all kinds of talk concerning the reasons behind this, but eventually they made more and they were imported. IIRC, that panic lasted about 4 months.

Fast forward to present, and the current situation with ammo. I guess this crazy shit has been going on for what, about 3-4 months now? I haven't bought any ammo since the evening of november 4th, but I see what's going on, sorta. I'm wondering if ammo is just going to be like the saiga 12 scare, and start coming back around for a semi-reasonable price. I know that to some, a $600 s12 is not reasonable, considering what they used to cost, but neither was a $200 case of x39 to some, considering that used to be like, $50.

Anyway, what do you think the chances of this coming around and leveling off are? I know that vendors will continue to charge the price as long as people are buying it, but man, people can't keep buying ammo at these prices. At least I can't, I don't make that much money.

Okay, everyone remember about 8 months, maybe a year ago, when no one thought they were going to be able to get saiga 12's? Stock s12's were going for around $1000-1200 on gunbroker, everyone was sold out. There was all kinds of talk concerning the reasons behind this, but eventually they made more and they were imported. IIRC, that panic lasted about 4 months.

Fast forward to present, and the current situation with ammo. I guess this crazy shit has been going on for what, about 3-4 months now? I haven't bought any ammo since the evening of november 4th, but I see what's going on, sorta. I'm wondering if ammo is just going to be like the saiga 12 scare, and start coming back around for a semi-reasonable price. I know that to some, a $600 s12 is not reasonable, considering what they used to cost, but neither was a $200 case of x39 to some, considering that used to be like, $50.

Anyway, what do you think the chances of this coming around and leveling off are? I know that vendors will continue to charge the price as long as people are buying it, but man, people can't keep buying ammo at these prices. At least I can't, I don't make that much money.

the rush on guns is coming to an end , i think in a few month the rush on ammo will come to an end but it might take a few more months after that for prices to fall

It all depends on what the current dictator and his demons decide to try and do. I think a lot of folks are buying what they think they will use during the remainder of their lifetimes. It is very hard to get something made legal once it has been made illegal. Consider BUsh Sr. and his temporary Gun Importation Ban. Just long enough to consider the issue we were told and done by executive order if I recall correctly. It is still in place 20 years later.

I just went to my local gun store and they are actually RATIONING alot of ammo. Like I couldnt buy more than 2 boxes of 00 buck or slugs. He said warehouses are empty and the demand has skyrocketed. THANK YOU OBAMA!!! :angry: :angry: