Anyone using a fiber optic front post with a KREBS sight set?

This just seems to be a good choice on a shotty, especially if you use the large rear peep. I'm just looking to see what's been tried and how you like it. The sightlink set looks decent, possibly the HiViz, others? Pro's & Cons of any brand you've tried?

I used to have a fiber optic front sight for a paintball gun that (I think) was mneant for a shotgun. It had a plastic "C" tube like piece with a yellowish rod of acrylic on top to act like a shotgun bead. I often wondered if something like that would work with the gas tube or if it would fall off.

For the Krebs sight, I'd like to see something that would line up with it and go where the current bead is, leaving the barrel clean for muzzle devices, porkipines, etc.

Just my 2 cents

Corbin

Actually, back in my younger days I had one of those too (HiViz) and it was made for a shotgun originally. I also have a Williams set up on my SKS that I like a lot. This seems to be a natural for the Krebs set on a S12, just looking to find what works best based on what members have tried.

Edited by 6500rpm

Well, I don't have a fiber optic front. But I did replace my front sight with an XS big dot tritium sight. I saw it cheap at a gunshow, so I picked it up specifically to stick on my S-12. I really like it. The large white outline really stands out. there is enough black around it to stick out on white targets. Of course, the tritium works well as night.

• 2 weeks later...

How "Big" is the XS Big Dot? I got my hands on a HiViz set and IMHO it's not much better than the standard Krebs. I like the Krebs design a lot, but in small peep and post configuration it's better suited for slower,distance shots. I played a bit in the shop last night and fabricated a mount (silversoldered ove an AR front post) that I need to give a try. The fiber optic rod in this one is 1/8" which is closer to what I want, possibly just a bit smaller in diameter if someone knows a set that fits the bill. Pic gives you an ides of what I'm looking for.

post-1866-1237142943_thumb.jpg

post-1866-1237142950_thumb.jpg

Actually, for shot, it might not be bad. The tube I used for this came from an old shotgun clamp around the barrel set so the positioning should be about right. Hope to get some trigger time this week. The rifle sights seem a bit small, this is at the other end of the spectrum but catches a lot of light. Picture was taken on a cloudy day. Rough guess from aiming at known size targets at approx 100yards would be 12+moa, something in the 8 moa would be more acceptable.