butt stock weights

Guys,

I have a S-308 with the factory plastic stock. I actually like the way the stock indexes when firing. My problem is that the butt is too darn light. :angry: The weight up front is cool, but I need to try to balance the rifle to make it quicker handling. Anyone know of a way to add weight to the factory plastic buttstock, without needing an engineering degree? :eek:

Thanks!

Take the buttplate screws out... get some weights like sand bags or the like... Use great stuff spray foam to glue it in....

Be careful to mask off the whole gun with paper and tape that stuff will stain plastic bad..

See what other ideas come in.

Edited by csspecs

I agree with the spray in foam. The stuff is easy to work with, but definitely listen to the warning about masking it off. The stuff even sticks to your fingers pretty good. I suggest filling up the stock. Let it dry and then drill holes into the foam. Play with the depth and stick lead weights in there. Altough the suggestion of a sand bag is cheap and easy to get. You can even use the sand bag first to get the weight you want. When you get it where you want, foam that sucker in.

• 2 weeks later...

The heaviest stock i know of is the Magpul PRS. Maybe there's a way to splice one onto it with an M4 A2 tube?

Otherwise, yes, adding weight is the way to go. If you're practical maybe you'd add a mag pouch on the back end. I see some people adding cement or sandbags to their stocks.