Problem with New Saiga 12

Ok, I might be the biggest Dumb@$$ this side of Congress, but I just got a Saiga-12 NIB, Filled the mag and it shoots(and very accurate for a shotgun), but it don't eject the casing, thus it jams, do I need to adjust something? Break it down and oil it like a mother? HELP, I am in love with it, but can't use it properly...oh yea, tried 3 different makes of shells as well, all 2 3/4 or 3 inch...didnt change anything, its like the ejector bolt isnt going back all the way to kick it out, I have to REALLY pry to pull old casing out. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

No problem. Dont forget to go back to 1 w/the high power stuff.

Also, you may want to shoot some high power stuff first to help break it in and make it more reliabe for the the low power stuff. It breaks it in and smooths things out. I shot about 50 or so slugs through it first on setting 1 and then went bird shot on 2 w/no problems.

Ok, I might be the biggest Dumb@$$ this side of Congress, but I just got a Saiga-12 NIB, Filled the mag and it shoots(and very accurate for a shotgun), but it don't eject the casing, thus it jams, do I need to adjust something? Break it down and oil it like a mother? HELP, I am in love with it, but can't use it properly...oh yea, tried 3 different makes of shells as well, all 2 3/4 or 3 inch...didnt change anything, its like the ejector bolt isnt going back all the way to kick it out, I have to REALLY pry to pull old casing out. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

VoDKa Speshal :P

Just kidding, I have no idea without looking at it...

Yup, the cheap is $$WAL_M$$$$ Winchester stuff......I bought 500 rounds 6mo or so ago.....I think the Federal is just like 2 bucks more...will buy that from now on. Thanks

That stuff is the worst ammo for semi autos. Get the walmart federal stuff at the minimum. Save the winchester for your pump shotguns or your recoil operated shotguns (A5 and clones.)

Ok, tried adjusting the gas plug, it did help some, but what happens now, is it slides great, but don't eject the old casing, it just rechambers it instead of kicking it out. I found some federal rounds and it does the same. I turned the gas plug back and forth and fired 3-5 rounds thru it(using cheap birdshot) and it still does the same thing. If I don't fire it and keep manually chambering it, it seems to eject the round fine. Now the ejector part that holds the round the lip seems very sharp to me....could it have a burr on it or ?? and I know after firing it is kicking attempting to rechamber because it will click on the empty casing....options???? I prolly have some magnum loads laying around somewhere.....is that an option? I also ordered a new gas plug with the 1-2-3 settings....if that will help. I also have another mag on the way, just in case something is wrong with this one. I havent disassablmed it yet, so not sure if that would help or not (yea I know it wont hurt it either)

you need to see if you have enough gas ports. there are a number of threads dealing with this issue.

49gmc

Yes, check to see how many gas holes you have.

Also, read this and check post #16. Try that. will reduce the friction of the shell ejecting.

smoothing.

Edited by Delta 5.56

I took the gas plug out and cleaned out all the nasty crud, found 2 gas ports and cleaned them the best I could. Then screwed the plug tight and backed it out to the #2 setting. Birdshot still rechambers the old casing. I then tried some 9 pellet 00 rounds(from Federal) and by golly, they worked good(kicked the crap outta me), but they chambered great. Do I try birdshot on #1? Anything else to try to shoot winchester birdshot? I have a new plug on order from MikeD, will that fix? I am going to get a box of federal birdshot and see if that works(have been using Winchester or older Remington rounds). Anymore thoughts or ideas????????

my gun came with only two gas ports also. it wouldn't cycle the cheaper birdshot very well. i ended up sending it to CGW to get it fixed under warranty. they added another port and now it eats the value pack loads up like candy.

Would that be cgwgun.com? Did you buy from there or is that just a Saiga dealer?

i don't think it's them. cadiz gun works (CGW) they are doing the warranty work on the 2 port saigas. they did a great job and the whole process was pretty painless (except the 2 weeks i was without my new toy:)

here's their link on the forum.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showforum=73

email for RAAC http://raacfirearms.com/contact.htm

my gun fired the higher power shells with no problems, so i kept it for a few weeks and got some use out of it before i sent it in.