Anybody have experience with a Czech vz 58. Local shop has lightly used one in stock. Different design than an AK. Shop guy says many people love them, of course he is trying to make a sale.

I got mine from Czech-point usa. Theirs are like brand new. I put the Israili FAB vented hand guards, FAB pistol grip and a US magpul stock on mine and US gas piston with a Russian PK-01 red dot, shoots 1-3moa. very light, excellent weapon. Works like and SKS and better made than an AK.

Edited by U.S Praetorian

Czechpoint USA sells 'em to the public new for $599 + $25 shipping, so take that into account with the used one you are being offered. They are great shooters, and weigh less than an AK. On the other hand, I'm not thrilled with the plastic FCG parts, and I've seen a couple guns with loose stock screws. Also be aware that the mags are different than AK mags and have some plastic parts to comply with legal issues. If the price is right I'd get it if I were you.

Czechpoint USA sells 'em to the public new for $599 + $25 shipping, so take that into account with the used one you are being offered. They are great shooters, and weigh less than an AK. On the other hand, I'm not thrilled with the plastic FCG parts, and I've seen a couple guns with loose stock screws. Also be aware that the mags are different than AK mags and have some plastic parts to comply with legal issues. If the price is right I'd get it if I were you.

They are $850.00 now I got mine before the obmanation. It was $650.00 and while the FC parts work fine.I replaced mine with steel parts from Ohio Rapid Fire which includes a flash hider that must be permanently attached. They have a US compliance kit so you can use regular mags. The telescoping AR15 magpul stock is rock solid and has a longer LOP for us over 6'2" footers!

Wow, they are $895 now, I do not want one that bad, but thanks!

$895 is not bad at all especially when dealing with czechpoint=quality. also compared to the vzs prices on gunboker, crazy. and to consider the the panic craze goin on now, have you seen the prices on the ak47s on gunboker? id rather purchase another vz58 over any ak right now.

$895 is not bad at all especially when dealing with czechpoint=quality.

A word to the wise: Czechpoint USA is new to the game.

All the Vz58s are imported by a company in Tennessee I will not name, as they seem to be doing an above average (for them) job on converting them from 10 round proprietary mag neutered rifles to the 922r compliant versions you see for sale.

All the Vz58s are imported by a company in Tennessee I will not name, as they seem to be doing an above average (for them) job on converting them from 10 round proprietary mag...

The... "C" word?

All the Vz58s are imported by a company in Tennessee I will not name, as they seem to be doing an above average (for them) job on converting them from 10 round proprietary mag...

The... "C" word?

Am I missing something here. TGI imports them, the receivers and guns are D-technik mfg. The guys that run the place are good guys and straight up. The finish and fit are first rate. They send them out for refinish work and they assemble them I was told. No reservations about Czech-point.

• 5 weeks later...