WTB-Original 6 hole heat shield for Win '97

WTB-Original 6 hole heat shield with mounting screws for Win '97 Riot gun.

Also looking for ORIGINAL M1917 Bayonet and scabbard for above.

The bayo is easy. I need the heat shield. Some yoyo removed the shield from my trench gun before I bought it and I'm trying to piece it back together. If I can't get an original, I'll go with a 100% repro that is NOT chinese.

The bayo is easy. I need the heat shield. Some yoyo removed the shield from my trench gun before I bought it and I'm trying to piece it back together. If I can't get an original, I'll go with a 100% repro that is NOT chinese.

good luck with an original. IF you find one expect to buy at least $500.

Gunparts sells a repo. for $104.00 I have never seen one of these repos in person, so I don't know how close to the real thing they are.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?ch...perSKU=&MC=

I had WWI gun that some one sawed the end off of the adapter. I looked for a couple of years and never found one.. I ran across a couple of WWII 4 row shields, but no WWI 6 row. Is your's blue or parkerized? Sold frame or takedown?

Edited by Banshee

Gunparts sells a repo. for $104.00 I have never seen one of these repos in person, so I don't know how close to the real thing they are.

I had WWI gun that some one sawed the end off of the adapter. I looked for a couple of years and never found one.. I ran across a couple of WWII 4 row shields, but no WWI 6 row. Is your's blue or parkerized? Sold frame or takedown?

Blued takedown 1925, so six hole shield is correct. I've been looking off and on for a few years, and none to be found. This ranks right up there with morons who "sporterize" historically significant rifles. It ain't broke, so don't fix it. Just try finding a Krag that hasn't been chopped up. Same thing.

Blued takedown 1925, so six hole shield is correct. I've been looking off and on for a few years, and none to be found. This ranks right up there with morons who "sporterize" historically significant rifles. It ain't broke, so don't fix it. Just try finding a Krag that hasn't been chopped up. Same thing.

ya, a lot of good military weapons are butcher that way. On the 97 I had who ever sawed the adapter off left the handguard and enough of the adapter for one screw, and sawed off the bayonet lug. :angry: For some reason they think they are improving it.

Not trying to insult you and hope you don't take offence, but you are sure it is trench gun and not a riot gun?

Riot guns have no handguard/adapter and barrels are tapered with a bead sight . Trench gun barrels are straight and have two notches on the bottom side for the adapter screws. No bead sight on barrel

a blued takedown model would be early WWII model. According to Bruce Canfield the serial # range would be #9128250-#956222

Should have a stock cartouche of crossed cannons and the letters "WB" (under approx #930,000) and "GHD" on the balance

"US" on the left side of receiver only on very WWII production guns and a "flaming Bomb" added early in the war.

a small flaming bomb on top of the barrel just in front of the receiver

a "Type W" unmarked handguard/bayonet adapter (trench gun) with six rows of holes on early production guns and four rows on later

no adapter on riot model.

As you described for a trench gun, with a notched barrel. Thanks for the info. This one's pretty typical, except for the missing shield.

good deal. Are you going to try the adapter from gunparts? I have been thinking about getting one and installing it on a 20" 870 barrel.

IIRC, the gun parts one is Chi-Com, and not a true repro. I'll either get an original or a 100% repro. If you just want to add a heat shield to your shotty, go with the ATI shield. THey're cheap and they work.

IIRC, the gun parts one is Chi-Com, and not a true repro. I'll either get an original or a 100% repro. If you just want to add a heat shield to your shotty, go with the ATI shield. THey're cheap and they work.

ATI heatshields are plastic crap. I modifed a Mossberg heatshild and put it on a 13 inch 870 barrel, but sold it on AR15.com a while back. I was wanting to do a 870 with the WWII style.