Received my two new drums, filed them and they fit perfectly. Took cover clip and back off. Loaded drums without problem ( make sure shells are not too big as mentioned in instructions. I initially couldn't load "NobleSport" brand, too long) I can not get cover clips back on either drum. I am afraid to force it for fear of breaking it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ken

Received my two new drums, filed them and they fit perfectly. Took cover clip and back off. Loaded drums without problem ( make sure shells are not too big as mentioned in instructions. I initially couldn't load "NobleSport" brand, too long) I can not get cover clips back on either drum. I am afraid to force it for fear of breaking it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ken

Did you remove the cover to load the drum?

If so, remove all the shells from the drum, put back the cover on and reload the drum by inserting the shells from the the top (push the follower or previously loaded shell down with your fingers and insert the next shell on top.

I removed the cover, took out the "Dummy shell", then put the cover back on and loaded the shells easily. But the cover clip is difficult to slip back in,\. Did i do this wrong?

you need the dummy shell in there. Its purpose is to push the last round up the feed tower. Without the dummy you will never be able to shoot the last round in the drum and the bolt/carrier will tear into the last shell. Make sure and put that back in. Like was already said, you dont take that back off to load it!, you load it like a normal 5 or 10rnd mag from the top. and I think nobel is roll crimped, if it is, the drum will not fit those. if they dont fit in from the top, your SOL on using that ammo.

CJG

Edited by rotortuner