Oath Keepers (You all need to see this)

(*sighs*)

Hallboss, I'm gonna try one more time.

First, take a look back and reread your posts. In essence, what you did was attack another member here for stating something that they believed. You attacked their position and then you proceeded to attack their integrity. You did all this because you were horrified that someone would think that this country could go the way of Nazi Germany...you know, that place where dissenting views were not allowed? It was either the Fuhrer's way or the gas chamber way. The phenomenon associated with this is called groupthink. It's what happens when you shut out contravening points of view.

At any rate dude I think you've firmly established yourself as to which side of the fence you're on. I would wish you luck but my conscience wouldn't allow it. I can't in all honesty wish anyone well that thinks "inalienable rights" are to be earned and deserved.

(*sighs*)

Hallboss, I'm gonna try one more time.

First, take a look back and reread your posts. In essence, what you did was attack another member here for stating something that they believed. You attacked their position and then you proceeded to attack their integrity. You did all this because you were horrified that someone would think that this country could go the way of Nazi Germany...you know, that place where dissenting views were not allowed? It was either the Fuhrer's way or the gas chamber way. The phenomenon associated with this is called groupthink. It's what happens when you shut out contravening points of view.

At any rate dude I think you've firmly established yourself as to which side of the fence you're on. I would wish you luck but my conscience wouldn't allow it. I can't in all honesty wish anyone well that thinks "inalienable rights" are to be earned and deserved.

Funny you should mention that. I could not figure out why there was so much disagreement with what I was saying, not only with you but some others on this post. I did go back adn read my posts and needless to say they are fucked up and I am not at all portraying what I want to say. I believe and agree with you 100%. I am going to try to say what I mean again and if it comes across like that again, I will succede and just shut up.

What I mean I can only describe in terms of racism, but I mean this across the board with all rights. There are people out there who lean on their rights as if it were a crutch. They don't care how they got them and have no desire to learn or fight for them. There are people who have never once in their life have experiecned racism, but yet everytime they are pulled over, it is because the cop is racist. Those are those who I feel have not earned the rights. They have no pride in what has been done for them and no appreciation. I personally feel they use the rights that have been given to them as a free to do whatever they want. Our rights are for Americans, not people who happen to be in America.

I don't know if that makes sense or not, if it doesn't....sorry. I do not believe what my posts read earlier, for some reason I cannot write what I mean today.

Edited by hallboss

Law enforcement is patterned after military organizations but their mission is very different. The job of a law enforcement officer is to basically keep the peace and protect life and property domestically. All law enforcement officers are taught to follow orders up until you are asked to commit a crime. At that point stop. A law enforcement officer cannot argue that he/she was just following orders to avoid criminal prosecution. Law enforcement is suppose to know the law and not cross it. All law enforcement Academies teach these principles. There were a few times, hell more than a few, when I could have pulled the trigger on a criminal and the shooting wpould have been justifiable. Thats a wierd feeling looking a man in the eyes knowing all that stands between him and death was just a little more pressure on the trigger.

The military's mission is at times similar but mostly different. Due to the adverserial nature of the military toward other countries secrecy is a must. There will oftentimes never be an explanation as to why you are ordered to do something. I have never been in a military combat situation and do not know how it feels to be ordered to do something I believe is morally wrong. I hope every combat military person reading this has never had to do something they feel was heinous. The worst thing I ever had to do from a military standpoint was eat that crap they called food at Lackland Air Force Base in the early 80's :cryss: . I never understood why some ex-military personal enjoyed talking about some of the things they did while serving our country. I'm glad they did their job and killing goes with the territory but a few, not all, but a few seemed to actually enjoy killing. Could have been they were just lying and never seen any shit but why does someone think killing someone makes them a bigger man. I understand and am thankful the military does their job but why brag about some of this stuff?

Dude that makes a hell of a lot more sense than what I was reading earlier.

Yes, the "I am a victim" mentality is what you're talking about and yes, I agree. But I think the confusion comes from you referring to them as "rights" when what they are getting are entitlements. Welfare, affirmative action, "free" healthcare, food stamps, social security, fall under this category. When I think of rights, I think of the Bill of Rights. So yeah there's some confusion there that I think we straightened out.

Whew. I wasn't really looking to make more enemies.

Dude that makes a hell of a lot more sense than what I was reading earlier.

Yes, the "I am a victim" mentality is what you're talking about and yes, I agree. But I think the confusion comes from you referring to them as "rights" when what they are getting are entitlements. Welfare, affirmative action, "free" healthcare, food stamps, social security, fall under this category. When I think of rights, I think of the Bill of Rights. So yeah there's some confusion there that I think we straightened out.

Whew. I wasn't really looking to make more enemies.

Sorry about that, like I said I just can't type today. In no way am I looking to make enemies here.