Saiga 7.62 X 39 purchase info

I really want to purchase a Saiga 7.62 X 39. I have looked many places and there seems to be a shortage. I emailed RAAC and they stated a new shipment the end of this month. my issue is it seems this firearm should sell for 300 or less. but i see prices that are double that. so does any one expect the prices to drop back down after the frenzy of people buying arms and ammo is over? I really feel like supply and demand is gouging my wallet.

tia

I really want to purchase a Saiga 7.62 X 39. I have looked many places and there seems to be a shortage. I emailed RAAC and they stated a new shipment the end of this month. my issue is it seems this firearm should sell for 300 or less. but i see prices that are double that. so does any one expect the prices to drop back down after the frenzy of people buying arms and ammo is over? I really feel like supply and demand is gouging my wallet.

tia

Ain't gonna happen. The dollar isn't worth what it was in the past; the Russians have raised their prices; demand has gone through the roof. Where you been since the election? Firearms will sell for what the market will pay for them, simple as that.

I got into the game late as well. I can only get boners over some of the prices I hear about these things going for even only a year ago. But being *new* to rifles and shotguns, I figured $500-$600 was a pretty good price for a new rifle. I bought an S12 at the end of oct and it was around $569 at the local store, last of 20. Bought one 2 weeks ago at the local gun show, was $579. So I'm pretty happy with the prices, but rifles I've not seen under $400, at all. Looked in a few pawn shops, nada in Saiga. Picked up a 7.62 at a gun show last nov or so for $475 :/ and got a 308 for $479 2 weeks ago.

I don't see the prices going down ever, people keep snatching em up. These are great guns, never imagined how much fun the Saiga would be when I first bought it. That is primarily because of this website tho and the people and business that are a part of it. Hard to explain. I've got four already and still thinking of getting more later. Evil evil Saigas.

Arms of America is offering 223 and 7.62x39 for $399.99 and 308 for $539.99 But... they are out of stock right now.

OOS doesn't mean squat these days; if an item is listed as OOS, it may as well not even be listed, UNLESS the dealer is actively accepting back orders, which most don't.