Has anyone tried this AK Scope Mount?

Your telling me no one has these or tried them or heard of someone trying these? They apear to be built like a T74 tank! they say 16ozl Good if your building a sniper type rifle.

WTF, for $17 maybe I'll try them and report back.

Edited by Fluid Power
Your telling me no one has these or tried them or heard of someone trying these? They apear to be built like a T74 tank! they say 16ozl Good if your building a sniper type rifle.

WTF, for $17 maybe I'll try them and report back.

I am interested in this mount - it's a rare steel one, but it's not QD though. Please let the forum know how it works out. Thx!

Yes, I agree (as i have a number of Mosin's). But check out it out on their web site (it also includes customer feedback).

So I still say WTF! Maybe I'll bring a Saiga with me and buy it take it out to the parking lot to see if it comes close. I'll take pic's if it does.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=442770

LOL.. they HAD to have F'd up and used the wrong pic for that add... or wrong title...LOL.

There is NO way that my 91/30 scope will fit the AK rail on my Saiga.. but I can try when I get home.

NOW>. may be if you attached the Mosin mount plate to the AK's receiver.. but that'd look goofy as hell.

Madcat, I agree, that's the whole reason I posted this. They have a pile of them and maybe they are selling as AK and they are really M/N mounts. That would explain why so many returns. If it is this I would not even buy it. What's werd is in the feedback a guy says the mount fit his AK! So, they either screwed up the photo or description. They have an excellent return policy so it would be easy to try it an if its FUBAR, I'll run back in and return it.

I like the look, no rail to mess up the sight picture, it includes rings and would look as close to mil spec short of buying a real Russian scope. Man, I'm just to damn cheap! They also have a number of 4-12 x 50 scopes for $24. Now that's Saiga cheap!

A lot of the accessories sold at SG are cheap Chinese crap, I don't have any experience with that one in particular, though. I don't do business with SG any more at all, due to bad customer service.

The problem with AK-47 + scope is that the AK does have a lot of flex, even in the receiver, so keeping the scope "in tune" may be an issue; I don't have a scope on mine, so I'm not 100% sure about this, nor have I done any real research on my own... just word-of-mouth.

This video shows the barrel flex on the AK in slow motion, about 15 seconds in:

I'd recommend a Leapers, they have a decent reputation for making good products. The nice thing about these is they have two weaver-style rails instead of just having rings.

Quick-Release

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=990185

Semi-Permanent

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=115364

AKs simply are not sniper rifles. If you want a sniper rifle, start with something else. Within 100 meters or so, however, they are the way to go. I put an inexpensive red dot on mine, works pretty well to that mark.

• 2 weeks later...