In a way it does make sense. Got to get em while they're warm and all right? Now that you mention it, I don't even notice the organ donor part on the drivers license here anymore. I don't know how much credence I'd put into it, not that I read about it often, but I've never heard of people waking up right before having their organs harvested after being declared dead. Not in the US at least. I'd still donate my organs.

Did ya read the one in Denver??

A Colorado coroner has ruled that a hospital removed vital organs from a donor before he died, and therefore his death was a homicide. The ruling raises serious questions about the definition of "brain death" that is used in organ-transplant cases.

YEESH!! Scary, we pat ourselves on the back for being "advanced" yet we're not sure when a person is dead.

Another scary one is France...

LSN published the story in June of a French man who, after suffering cardiac arrest for at least ninety minutes, was being prepared for organ removal when doctors noticed the patient breathing, his pupils dilating, and the patient reacted to pain. Within weeks, the patient that had been considered "brain dead" was walking and talking.

Its like back in the old days when they used to worry about being an undead zombie. They would actually have breathing tubes going down into the grave!!!

True, some Doctors have done some of the worst blunders of all time. Would much rather be the guy who woke up with a surgical instrument sown inside of him on accident than wake up with guys getting ready to dissect me :) And there is always the wrong-limb got amputated cases. Medical malpractice makes for some pissed off zombies.

IF that is true, it boils down to the local hospitals in your area and competence levels, unfortunately you won't know this unless your in the field. Lifelink is a big foundation in FL, read up on what they have to say. Freshest organ I ran hot with were a pair of lungs taken out, surgeon is on hand with organs and we're off with the lights and siren on, get to the OR where the other patient is already opened up waiting for it. So, if they do "kill" you for the organs, before anything can really happen legal wise the other person already has your shit!

http://www.lifelinkfound.org/donationprocess.cfm

Edited by Vultite