Dumb question about my Saiga 7.62 front sight...

Ok, so I'm really--I mean really--anal about my stuff, and especially my guns. A couple days ago I leaned my saiga against a wall and it kind of fell over. When I was looking over it, I noticed the front sight had a slight cant to it. I've never looked it over that close, so it may have come from the factory like that, I'm not totally sure. I've never handled it roughly at all so this was the first and only incident I've ever had with it.

So I guess my first question is, could the fall have bent the barrel slightly or the front sight? My second question is, if it came from the factory like that does it matter if there's a slight cant in the front sight? Thanks!

Ok, so I'm really--I mean really--anal about my stuff, and especially my guns. A couple days ago I leaned my saiga against a wall and it kind of fell over. When I was looking over it, I noticed the front sight had a slight cant to it. I've never looked it over that close, so it may have come from the factory like that, I'm not totally sure. I've never handled it roughly at all so this was the first and only incident I've ever had with it.

So I guess my first question is, could the fall have bent the barrel slightly or the front sight? My second question is, if it came from the factory like that does it matter if there's a slight cant in the front sight? Thanks!

Your rifle fallen over probably not going to bend the barrel or the front sight. AK front sight might seem canted, but you have to shoot it to see if the front sight is really canted or not. Both of my Saigas 7.62 and .223 front sight seem canted, but it shoots straight. If you have to adjust the front sight either all the way to the left or right and the point of impact still not center, you have a canted front sight.

Your rifle fallen over probably not going to bend the barrel or the front sight. AK front sight might seem canted, but you have to shoot it to see if the front sight is really canted or not. Both of my Saigas 7.62 and .223 front sight seem canted, but it shoots straight. If you have to adjust the front sight either all the way to the left or right and the point of impact still not center, you have a canted front sight.

Technically the sight can be somewhat canted and "fixed" with windage adjustment. If "you have to adjust the front sight either all the way to the left or right and the point of impact still not center", it's just seriously canted and it needs to be un-pinned and adjusted to be functional.

As for your question, Bizzarolibe, I tend to severely doubt that a fall from the wall to the floor could have been responsible for canting your front sight. They are locked in place more securely than that. If you think there's a cant to your sight, it was there before the rifle fell over. If it bothers you, contact whoever you bought it from and ask if they'll fix or replace it. Take it to the range first though.. see if she shoots straight as is. If so, I wouldn't bother sending in for a fix/replacement, as it really doesn't matter. Remember, this is an AK.. due to the design and the way they're manufactured, looking for absolute "perfection" in one is futile and more importantly, completely unnecessary.

Mine was canted to the left, came from the factory that way. If I looked straight down the rear sight and down the sight line of the gun, straight down the barrel, all I could see was the right sight ear. I called RAA and they gave me the number to some gunsmith to ship the gun to. I brought it to my local guy instead and now it's fine. Was a cheap/easy fix.