Hey all,

Just finished the conversion on my Saiga-M. Everything went well except for the two unexpected welds that the Ms have on their trigger plate.

But anyway, now that the plate is removed there is unpainted metal beneath. Does anyone have a low gloss black chemical resistant paint suggestion that will match the original Saiga paint. Also, I am also waiting for a wood stock set in the mail, does anyone know the color stain used to match the orignal Kalashnikov red colored stocks?

Thanks

Hey all,

Just finished the conversion on my Saiga-M. Everything went well except for the two unexpected welds that the Ms have on their trigger plate.

But anyway, now that the plate is removed there is unpainted metal beneath. Does anyone have a low gloss black chemical resistant paint suggestion that will match the original Saiga paint. Also, I am also waiting for a wood stock set in the mail, does anyone know the color stain used to match the orignal Kalashnikov red colored stocks?

Thanks

Duplicolor engine enamel - black low gloss 500deg - any autoparts store will carry them.

You can wipe it down with thinner, denatured alcohol, etc. anything that will cut grease. For paint, I used a high temp black stove paint. It blends well with the factory paint and seems to hold up well on other applications that I have used it on.

What is the degreasing process invlove?

Just make sure the area you are painting is free of grease and oil. Mineral spirits is good, alcohol is OK in a pinch too. Wipe with a dry cloth after washing it with whatever you choose. If you buff it with medium steel wool before you paint, it gives the paint a little more to hang on to.