Another FTE thread....

What would cause this? I have been reading posts on this forum for a while now and I know that I am supposed to check the gas ports which I have. I have 4 holes which I keep pretty clean, so I dont think that is the problem. Could this be an issue with the bolt needing to be polished? I have run about 100-150 rounds of Federal target loads through it and it sill does this. Last time I took it out the first 5 rounds seemed to cycle just fine, but then on the next mag after about 2 or 3 rounds it started to do this again. When I get it home to clean it there is usually what looks like unburned powder in the gas tube (not a whole lot but enough for me to take notice of it), is that normal or is Federal crappy ammo? I have tried on both gas port settings and setting 1 turns it into a bolt action shotgun and setting 2 does this. Any help would be appreciated.

post-17716-1239769593_thumb.jpg

post-17716-1239769615_thumb.jpg

post-17716-1239769635_thumb.jpg

Edited by Death_Delirium

Could be a few things

1.Either bad ammunition.2.Bolt needs to be polished 3.gas ports are blocked...the best thing to do is send it in for warranty service Cadiz Gun Works is the official warranty reps..Contact them so they can fix the issue if it continues..I had to send mine in because it was doing the same thing on both gas settings but i only had half of a gas port visible in the gas chamber

Could be a few things

1.Either bad ammunition.2.Bolt needs to be polished 3.gas ports are blocked...the best thing to do is send it in for warranty service Cadiz Gun Works is the official warranty reps..Contact them so they can fix the issue if it continues..I had to send mine in because it was doing the same thing on both gas settings but i only had half of a gas port visible in the gas chamber

What is the cost to send it in? Will the repair be covered under the warranty or will I have to pay out of pocket?

If the gun is still under warranty..They will send you a shipping label to send it in and it might take up to 3 weeks for them to repair it..And no you do not have to pay for repairs if it is still under warranty..contact them directly. Very friendly people..Ask for Vicky or Tom

Cadiz Gun Works

PO Box 126

117 West Market St Suite B

Cadiz, OH 43907-0126

For inquiries and contact:

-----------------------------

CGWsales@gmail.com

(740) 942-3175.

If the gun is still under warranty..They will send you a shipping label to send it in and it might take up to 3 weeks for them to repair it..And no you do not have to pay for repairs if it is still under warranty..contact them directly. Very friendly people..Ask for Vicky or Tom

Cadiz Gun Works

PO Box 126

117 West Market St Suite B

Cadiz, OH 43907-0126

For inquiries and contact:

-----------------------------

CGWsales@gmail.com

(740) 942-3175.

OK, will do. Thank you.

I fthis is a four port gun it should not need the warranty service for the gas port issues. Polishing the bottom of the bolt and running another 100 or so rounds of a higher power load. (either more shot or powder, or both) Will usually solve the problems. Owners keep reporting that if they leave the bolt locked back that this will make a difference also...................Still do not understand how this could affect the spring.it shouldn't........but , they keep posting that it does............Oh and thanks for the endorsement Voonman.

~~~~~~~~~Tom :smoke:

If you want, send us your bolt and we'll get it polished up, parkerized and Duracoated for you. Runs a whopping $25 and includes dry lube treatment.

BTW, our improved tappet will really help your gun cycle light loads and low-brass bulk pak ammo. Might be something to consider as well.