Newb questions...need help

so im planning on purchasing a saiga .308 and wanted to know which type to get? If i got a 22' how easy would it be to cut the barrel to 18inches, thread it, and reinstal the FSB? or would it just be easier to get the 16inch version move the FSB back, and thread it?

does anyone know who would cut and thread a barrel for me? Thanks in advance

so im planning on purchasing a saiga .308 and wanted to know which type to get? If i got a 22' how easy would it be to cut the barrel to 18inches, thread it, and reinstal the FSB? or would it just be easier to get the 16inch version move the FSB back, and thread it?

This seems to be THE biggest question regarding buying a .308 Saiga.

It's been discussed before. In fact there is a post right now on the forum "16 vs 22". My two cents: The 22 inch is better, but only because when shooting a .308, I like to get every last foot-per-second I can out of the cartridge.

What are you intending on doing to the rifle anyway? A Galil style conversion?

Um. I think it's quite obvious that getting the 16'' and threading is easier than cutting the barrel then threading.