Buttstock & Pistol Grip

Hi,

I'm brand new (first post) and I just bought a 7.62 Saiga. I'd like to replace the butt stock with something lighter and a pistol grip. I've done some research on YOUTUBE and there seems to be a lot of grinding and drilling involved. Does anyone make a simpler conversion? Thanks for any advice.

:unsure:

Ted

You won't find a lighter butt stock than the factory Monte Carlo.

I've not made any youtube videos, but I only drill two items: once for the bullet guide and once for a big humongous rivet (to weaken it, so I can knock it off with a cold chisel)

You can use any procedure you want, so long as the end result is what you want.

Tapco T6 Interfuse $60 or so. Its all one-piece. So your choose if this is the type you want.

Not fancy but looks better than the 'stock' one with no TRIGGER MODS needed or grinding. Counts +2 on 922r compliance also.

Counts as a +1 toward 922r compliance.

You are ADDING the ipistol grip to the total parts count (factory Saigas don't have one), so it doesn't count against you, but it does count toward the total.

Conversions don't get any easier than the 7.62 or .223 rifles. I just converted my .223 a couple of nights ago. I used a bench grinder to clearance the hammer for the BHO lever, a file to flatten the rivets, a center punch to divet the rivets, a drill, and a flat screwdriver & hammer as a chisel to pry off the trigger guard which I was able to reuse.

post-9800-1241292701_thumb.jpg

For purchased parts I ordered everything from midway:

Tapco single hook FCG

Tapco AK stock

Tapco SAW grip

Tapco AK retainer plate

I already had a pistol grip nut.

Some plastic gun cleaning picks are very useful for grabbing the hammer spring & BHO spring legs.