Seeing how you were so helpful with getting the information to me regarding the trigger on a Saiga conversion, I was wondering if you could answer another question I had. I invested in some 30 round magazines for a non-converted Saiga 7.62. If I wanted to convert my rifle to an AK-type, would I be forced by a number of different factors to switch to an AK magazine, or do people simply convert to AK magazines so it is more like an AK?

Or to phrase it another way, can I convert my Saiga to an AK-type and still keep my Saiga mags?

Appreciate the help.

Seeing how you were so helpful with getting the information to me regarding the trigger on a Saiga conversion, I was wondering if you could answer another question I had. I invested in some 30 round magazines for a non-converted Saiga 7.62. If I wanted to convert my rifle to an AK-type, would I be forced by a number of different factors to switch to an AK magazine, or do people simply convert to AK magazines so it is more like an AK?

Or to phrase it another way, can I convert my Saiga to an AK-type and still keep my Saiga mags?

Appreciate the help.

In short yes.

I believe the method for doing this is slowly filing down the catch on the gun untill the AK mags lock in snugly. Your original saiga mags should still lock in, though somewhat loosely. You will also need a bullet guide(available from dinzagarms) for the ak mags. The bullet guide should not effect the performance of the saiga mags, though there is a slightly higher chance of the saiga mags malfunctioning after this due to them being a bit loose.

Also you can mod the AK mags to fit like a saiga mag(i believe someone posted a how to on here) but i don't think that method is prefered.

befor taking action i would recomend to wait for second opinions.

Edited by Nailbomb

What nailbomb said.

You may not have to do anything for the "Saiga" mags to fit, after you convert the rifle to use milsurp magazines.

. . . and no, modding each individual magazine to work in a factory spec Saiga magazine well is not the preferred method.

Edited by nalioth
So is the consensus that if I did the conversion myself or sent it off to someone else to do it, I would just hope that I was lucky enough that the magazines would fit still when it was all said and done? Nothing really special to do in the conversion process?

Just go slow, once you get the milsurp mags to fit stop there and you should be good.