Updated pic of 308

Heres a updated pic of my Saiga 308.I added a cheek piece,swaped out scope to a Millet 6x25x56 30mm and added a modified AR15 target grip.

100_0272_0001.jpg

And this is how it sits at home with a unattached Cetme 20rd mag under it so i can imagine what the 20rd Saiga 308 mags might look like when there made,hey, its gonna happen one way or the other dammit :devil: Im tired of watching the hi cap 308 mag thread EVERYDAY :unsure:

100_0273_0001.jpg

Edited by Pointer

Pointer - That has to be one of the sweetest looking target/sniper (whatever) setups I've seen.

I did the same thing to just to see what it would look like. I even wasted the $10 mag so I could squeeze it in the mag well a bit. Same as yours I'm sure, non-functional. I never wanted to spend the money on a Galil mag and hope and I can make it work, and forget altering the rifle to accept M1A mags.

ufo724 - Yes, you have to move the trigger assembly.

Here's the whole process done on a .223 Saiga:

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

Either try it yourself, or find a gunsmith that will. I opted for the latter, just not that confident with a dremmel.

post-6-1108614334.jpg

Edited by AK-treO8
Hey where did you get the butt and pistol grip? Did you move trigger assembly?

Firefly arms did the basic conversion.You can look back a page or two and find my post explaining alot of the info about the gun.Stock is self modified,and was bought at Inter Ordnance.

AK-tre8,Thanks for the kind words.Now i know im not the only one stickin mags under the gun dreaming what its going to look like with hi caps :devil:

I still want to get a short barreled 308 like yours for all around shooting.,then just keep it simple,but those hi caps have to come out first.Nothins sweeter than a AK in 308 :lolol:

Edited by Pointer

Guess I'm not an older member, but I've owned several Saiga models since before the turn of the century and currently own 2...does that count?

I'm just glad I appear on page 3 of that other incredibly long thread. I'm sure there's not, but is there a limit to the number of pages, posts, etc., that a thread can be? Nevermind, that's a stupid '?'.

Edited by AK-treO8

I edited "older",it sounded kinda snobbish.I meant was it would be a pisser that someone comes in right out of the blue and buys 20+ or more for resale leaving alot of us normal folks waiting longer for our 3-6 mags which might not come.

Hey, no offense taken :smoke: , just stating that I've been an owner for quite awhile, but I'm still kinda new to this board...as a member.

Also, if somebody (anybody) wants to plunk down the cash for quantity Daewoo product more power to them. The more he sells (hopefully :cryss: ), the more he'll make. He mentioned 1800-2000 on the first prod run, maybe the 2nd/4th/10th runs will be even more!

Besides, you think he's only going to sell to people on this board? He sounds like a business man, he'll sell to just about anybody that wants'em probably. Once word really gets out theres bound to be a reseller out there that will really want a bunch. How do you think Ramline, or any other after market company got started?

I'm not meaning to rant here...I'm just stoked!!! :super: that there's is really a chance hicaps are going to happen for our .308's!

God please let it be true. :cryss:

Edited by AK-treO8
  • 1 month later...
Lookin' good, man!

Isn't that pistol grip comfortable with the "shelf" on it?

Mine almost spoils me.  I kinda want one on all my rifles!

BTW - New camo on mine.  And the barrel gained a little weight...

post-6-1106880214.jpg

I'm still loving the work you did on Possenti! It's actually my inspiration to get a Saiga.

Heavier barrel? Press fit a sleeve over the factory barrel? If so what material and what are the results?

"Heavier barrel? Press fit a sleeve over the factory barrel? If so what material and what are the results?"

Results are tighter groups, but not AS tight as I expected. The big surprise is the CONSISTENT groups. I can shoot under 2" all day, with 1 1/4" being my best yet with Aussie surplus. The stock barrel design would range from 1 1/2" up to 4". (maybe I'm just becoming a better shooter, and it's not my gun...)

More here:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=3441

"Heavier barrel? Press fit a sleeve over the factory barrel? If so what material and what are the results?"

Results are tighter groups, but not AS tight as I expected.  The big surprise is the CONSISTENT groups.  I can shoot under 2" all day, with 1 1/4" being my best yet with Aussie surplus.  The stock barrel design would range from 1 1/2" up to 4".  (maybe I'm just becoming a better shooter, and it's not my gun...)

More here:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=3441

Ah yes, I remember reading that long ago and wondering how it turned out! 2" groups with surplus I would call pretty good out of most guns and killer out of an AK.

Just curious because I can't tell from the pics, how did you address sleeving the area where the gas tube attaches to the barrel?

Edited by Dieseler
  • 2 months later...