\\\\\\sorry guys I am somewhat of a newbie on fcg but have to come to 922 compliance. Is a single hook preferable to a double hook unit or vice versa and why so. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have been told that the original reason for a double hook was redundancy and durability in the design. I have also heard it can help trigger feel.

For what its worth though its really not needed, and you probably arn't going to be able to tell the difference at a user level. They make some wonderful single hook triggers for example the red star arms is a fully tunable trigger group and it is only a single hook.

Many people prefer the double hook as a purist design, and some FCG's only come as doubles. Don't be discouraged from picking a double as it only takes a small modification to the reciever that even a novice should be able to do with a simple dremel tool. But on the same respect don't think that it needs a double either.

Edited by Nailbomb

The only AK I've (briefly) owned that had a double-hook trigger was a Lancaster model 3060. Unfortunately, the rest of the rifle was so poorly assembled that I didn't ever fire it, and just returned it for a refund, so I never got a chance to test it and see how the double-hook compared to the feel/pull etc of the single-hook.

/shrug My Yugo and SGL20 both have single-hook triggers, and they work just dandy.

I've got the Tapco single hook in one, and a double hook in the other. I can't tell any difference in trigger pull on either. The only thing I notice is a very slight side to side wobble on the single hook, and no wobble whatsoever on the double hook.