I know jack shizz about slings.

Anyone have some good sling setups that will allow for releasing of the rifle and a transition to pistol when required?

I figured i'd ask in the competition area for a better quality response.

Also, my 7.62x39 has NO sling swivels anymore... so a sling that attaches via loops, etc, would be helpful.

Thanks!

Looked it up on Youtube. I don't know. I'm looking for more of a 3-point sling.... but I don't really know. That's why I'm asking.

3 point is what I thought I wanted until I talked with the Special Forces guys down at Fort Campbell, KY. I just shot my first "tactical" 3 gun where weapons had to be slung and this was definitely the way to go. The way this thing works, allowing you to cinch it close to your body, was nice for movement while you still have the ability to pull your weapon up and shoot from the slung position. The straps on a 3 point, as they pointed out, get in the way of manipulating the gun. PM Sinistral Rifleman on this forum. I believe he has shot some matches that used slings. If you are dead set on 3 point then try the SPEC OPS mamba sling.

I don't compete, but setup works pretty well. Won a Blackhawk single point sling in a contest. Drilled a big hole in an AR buffer tube plate to create an ambi single point mount.

3506410906_cf431da387_m.jpg

3505557889_0e4a9448ea.jpg