in the middle of a conversion

im in the middle of converting my 7.62 when grinding the ribbets for the triiger guard do i need to grind all three ribbets from the inside as well? im not sure if i am or not please let me know the one ribbit in the middle is the biggest dont know if i grind it video dont show'em grinding inside?

post-18034-1241826670_thumb.jpg

I just did this about an hour ago. I used a Dremel with a cut-off type wheel. It went very smooth. I will dress up the inside and it is going to be refinished anyway. I felt better about doing it from the inside and there's no damage. Good luck.

I have always ground the rivets flush with the trigger guard plate then pried the plate off. Then grind the remaining rivets flush with the receiver bottom then using a punch, punch them out. You will be refinishing the receiver bottom anyway.

I just did this about an hour ago. I used a Dremel with a cut-off type wheel. It went very smooth. I will dress up the inside and it is going to be refinished anyway. I felt better about doing it from the inside and there's no damage. Good luck.

? After you got that all off from the inside (which makes sense to me too).

How did you do the 'spot' weld on the CLINTON plate go for you to get the Trigger guard off that piece??

How did you do the 'spot' weld on the CLINTON plate go for you to get the Trigger guard off that piece??

I use either a dremel cutoff wheel from the inside OR an end mill from the inside. Once you break the weld loose, you can more easily grind it smooth.

Do you mean getting the trigger guard of the plate?