Saiga 12 Gas Piston

I have been trying to switch out my gas piston for the Chaosus.com one and am having a hard time getting that sucker out. My other Saiga was easy to get the sucker out and replace it. This one just doesnt wanna come out. Anyone got any recommendations? I'd really appreciate it.

I have been trying to switch out my gas piston for the Chaosus.com one and am having a hard time getting that sucker out. My other Saiga was easy to get the sucker out and replace it. This one just doesnt wanna come out. Anyone got any recommendations? I'd really appreciate it.

Use a dowel from the breech end to knock the puck out.

Use a dowel from the breech end to knock the puck out.

Thanks for your help I'll try doing that.

Sometimes you can just push the puck all the way in as far as it goes, then pull back the charging handle and let it fly. It takes a few times but usually that works for me. If it's really gunked up though, the wooden dowel and hammer is your best bet.

If it's that bad you will want to take a bronze 12 ga brush and clean out the manifold good before replacing the puck. I just chuck mine in my drill and that works great.

In some cases, the Chaos puck is just a bit too large in diameter, it should be .825-.826, and it varies around .825-.827 (mine), this can make it a very tight fit, especially when fouled. It has been suggested by Chaos, to either sand it down to fit or send it back for modification.

Mine was too tight, I just chucked it in disgust after screwing with and having to aggressively force it out after a range day.

King Armory's new puck is a much better fit, I bought one, mine needs just a tap or two to remove after a range day.

I use the cleaning rod for this purpose... Tap, tap, plop.

Edited by ChileRelleno