switching from manual ejection to automatic ejection

I was reading the manual and it seems to mention that this gun can be switched from single shot ( having to manually eject a spent shell) to automatic.

I've taken the gun apart and cleaned & lubed everything, and apparently put it back together wrong ???? The gun was brand new and was having trouble completely ejecting shells, took it apart and cleaned & lubed it. After running a box through, and jamming about every 3rd shot, the second box cycled better, only jamming once out of 25 shots. ( I am shooting brand new factory federal 2 3/4" rounds. I took it apart and cleaned it again and now it only shoots one shot at a time and I have to manually eject the shells. I've taken it apart again about an hour ago and can't see where I put it together incorrectly. Can anyone help?

Have you done any types of mods to it or have you changed the gas settings

?

Ijust bought the 20 round drum, gas plug and extra spring for the drum from the guys in

ohio. I installed the gas plug and tried in on all the different settings. Matbe it was machined wrong ???

Do these guns have the single shot and automatic option ???

'

No there is not a single shot setting but it sounds like you are probly under gassed there if you take the gas plug out and note where the indention is as in the Stock plug has a 1 and a 2 if you look where the 1 is where the bottom of the plug is its completely solid thats for the magnum setting it allows as little gas as possable threw on the outher side is the 2 setting and if you note there is a slant cut in it to shoot the cheaper ammo to allow alot more gas threw see what your new gas plug has for setting try and go from the lowest gas setting to the highest and see if it gets better try not to screw it out to far though

Ok, what I meant was the factory gun doesn't have a manual setting. You didn't say anything about the plug at first. Did you try to operate the gun before you modified it?

Yeah, it jammed a lot during the 1st box. The second box only jammed once out of 25 shots. I figured it was getting broke in and shooting better. THen the new parts came in, and I changed the plug.

I'm going to go back to the stock plug tomorrow, to make sure everything is working correctly. Then maybe I will experimant with the new plug again to see if I just had it out of alignment.

Thanks for the help.

No there is not a single shot setting but it sounds like you are probly under gassed there if you take the gas plug out and note where the indention is as in the Stock plug has a 1 and a 2 if you look where the 1 is where the bottom of the plug is its completely solid thats for the magnum setting it allows as little gas as possable threw on the outher side is the 2 setting and if you note there is a slant cut in it to shoot the cheaper ammo to allow alot more gas threw see what your new gas plug has for setting try and go from the lowest gas setting to the highest and see if it gets better try not to screw it out to far though

Thanks for the help, sounds like I don't have the ports lined up correctly. Now that I know what to look for, I 'll play with it tomorrow.

Yes try testing with your stock mag first before using the high cap mag and ALWAYS use the lowest gas setting first or the one that pretty much blocks all the gas off then go up from there so you dont make the back of the trunion ? im not good at spelling look like a mushroom :}

Is the drum the only magazine you have? It would be best to test it with a factory mag, to isolate the problem.

I have been doing the testing with the stock 5 round magazine. I haven't even tried the drum yet for the exact reason you just said. (try to isolate the problem)

You have been very helpful. Thanks!

Yes try testing with your stock mag first before using the high cap mag and ALWAYS use the lowest gas setting first or the one that pretty much blocks all the gas off then go up from there so you dont make the back of the trunion ? im not good at spelling look like a mushroom :}

I did see that part in the manual. I will definetely take your advise. Thank you!

If you're using the gunfxr plug from MD arms, make sure the biggest slot in the plug is facing down toward the barrel.

Put the big hole towards the barrel like you said, after I gave the gun a good cleaning again. It cycled the Federal rounds much better, but still jammed 3 or 4 times.

Thanks for the help, maybe the gun just needs shot more and broke in better.

Did you leave out the gas piston? The part that looks like a small hockey puck?

No, I just took it out this morning and gave a good cleaning to the gas piston and paid attention to the aftermarket gas plug to make sure it was lined up correctly. It cycled the low brass Federal rounds much better, but did jam 3 or 4 times out of 1 box of shells. Maybe it needs longer break-in time.

thanks,