If anyone could help me I'm Having trouble with what seems to be the easiest part of the conversion. MY PG NUT DOESNT SIT STURDY, I CANT GET THE PG BOLD TO HOLD THE SAW STYLE GRIP ON TIGHT? DO I HAVE TO MODIFY THE NUT IN ANY WAY IT SITS LOOSE INSIDE? I GOT THE PG NUT AND BOLT FROM DINZAG DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING WRONG?

If anyone could help me I'm Having trouble with what seems to be the easiest part of the conversion. MY PG NUT DOESNT SIT STURDY, I CANT GET THE PG BOLD TO HOLD THE SAW STYLE GRIP ON TIGHT? DO I HAVE TO MODIFY THE NUT IN ANY WAY IT SITS LOOSE INSIDE? I GOT THE PG NUT AND BOLT FROM DINZAG DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING WRONG?

PG nut is a through nut, so you can keep on tightening until it's solid.

I HAVE BUT THE GRIP ISNT EVEN STAYING UP TO THE TRIGGER GUARD IT JUST FALLS TO THE END OF THE BOLD WHAT COULD I BE DOING WRONG?

aaah, I see

your bolt is prob way too long

go to the hardware store and get yourself a shorter one, also I bought a nice washer with a wide shoulder, so you can apply more pressure to the plastic of the grip. hope this helps.

After firing my new conversion (200 rds) I noticed that the PG bolt was just a little bit loose. I tightened it again. If it loosens again, I will use some LocTite on it. Knowing that, I would have applied the LT during the initial assembly.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Thats a problem that a lot of folks have had. And the problem is solved with ETAC's new part (Triger Guard with Grip nut machined in). Check out their vendor section on forum or go to their web site. Its worth the money to avoid the hastle.

post-17756-1247525197_thumb.jpg

Thats a problem that a lot of folks have had. And the problem is solved with ETAC's new part (Triger Guard with Grip nut machined in). Check out their vendor section on forum or go to their web site. Its worth the money to avoid the hastle.

No, it's not solved at all.

A pistol grip hole will still need to be in place on the receiver, otherwise the pistol grip bolt will bottom out against the receiver and one of two things will occur:

a) bend/break the end of the trigger guard off or damage receiver / screws

B) user stops before (a) and has a loose pistol grip.

edited to turn off the stupid emoticons

Edited by nalioth

A pistol grip hole will still need to be in place on the receiver, otherwise the pistol grip bolt will bottom out against the receiver and one of two things will occur:

Eh? :unsure:

If you've got a TG with PG nut machined into/onto it, why would you need a PG hole in the receiver itself? That's the whole point of the S12 DIY TG's, so you don't have to cut the PG hole.

If you've got a TG with PG nut machined into/onto it, why would you need a PG hole in the receiver itself? That's the whole point of the S12 DIY TG's, so you don't have to cut the PG hole.

As has been mentioned, bolts vary in length.

The Tromix all-in-one ships with a short bolt that is designed to work with the Tapco saw grip and they don't guarantee their trigger guard will work with other pistol grips.

The new ETAC part has the threaded hole completely open, and an overlength bolt will protrude from the back side, leading to either of the 2 possiblities I outlined above.

As has been mentioned, bolts vary in length.

The Tromix all-in-one ships with a short bolt that is designed to work with the Tapco saw grip and they don't guarantee their trigger guard will work with other pistol grips.

The new ETAC part has the threaded hole completely open, and an overlength bolt will protrude from the back side, leading to either of the 2 possiblities I outlined above.

Makes sense.

I didn't know the E-Tac guard was open on the top end.