G'Day,

I am having some MAJOR issues. I replaced the original stock with the TAPCO M4 style stock w/ pistol grip a few months ago. I have gone out once and shot the cheap Wal-Mart UNIVERSAL shells through it and it cycled perfect. Then the following weekend I went out and shot again and nothing! So I read on here that I needed to change the setting to #2 and put 100 rounds of 00 BUCK to "break it in." So I went out this weekend to "break it in" with the 00 Buck it and the same thing happened. The trigger was not resetting and I was having to re-chamber a round while it was kicking out a perfectly good one. The magazine is feeding fine, its chambering a shell no problem, its seems the trigger is not resetting for whatever reason.

I am getting frustrated because I cannot get my gun to shoot properly. I have tried different magazines and I am all out of ideas. Help anyone?

Cheers!

had the same problem with my .223

it shoots the round, pops it out, loads the new one just fine, but for whatever reason the little hook next to the trigger does not let the hammer go into the cocked position, it just holds the hammer all the way down. you have to pull the charging handle and dump a perfectly good round to reset the trigger.

you can diagnose if your rifle has this problem by emptying it, drop the magazine. now, pull the charging handle, dry fire the gun but hold the trigger down, do not let go. with the trigger down pull the bolt back, and release. if your rifle has the problem, you will not be able to dry fire it again this time.

it's the new vodka special. how did i fix it? I converted :(

Edited by saigafun12345

2 things to check. Are the ends of the hammer spring in the proper place? Is the hook on the trigger binding in the slot where it goes through the receiver?

Fix the first with a pair of needle nose pliers, just bend it back where it stays put. The second is fixed with a small file or dremmel. just remove a slight amount of material from the slot in the receiver to get clearance.

So do you know how I can possibly fix this?

had the same problem with my .223

it shoots the round, pops it out, loads the new one just fine, but for whatever reason the little hook next to the trigger does not let the hammer go into the cocked position, it just holds the hammer all the way down. you have to pull the charging handle and dump a perfectly good round to reset the trigger.

you can diagnose if your rifle has this problem by emptying it, drop the magazine. now, pull the charging handle, dry fire the gun but hold the trigger down, do not let go. with the trigger down pull the bolt back, and release. if your rifle has the problem, you will not be able to dry fire it again this time.

it's the new vodka special. how did i fix it? I converted :(

2 things to check. Are the ends of the hammer spring in the proper place? Is the hook on the trigger binding in the slot where it goes through the receiver?

Fix the first with a pair of needle nose pliers, just bend it back where it stays put. The second is fixed with a small file or dremmel. just remove a slight amount of material from the slot in the receiver to get clearance.

GOBs response is right on IMO.

UNLOAD THE RIFLE, pull off the dust cover and dry fire while looking at the trigger group. If the spring end is jamming the trigger, just pull the hammer spring out, bent the spring end outward, and put it back in - problem solved for good.

If the front of the trigger is hanging up on the receiver hole, then a little dremeling goes a long way.