What Must Be Included In a Conversion!?!?!?!?

In order to get this 7.62 Saiga identical to an actual AK what must be included to the conversion?

Moving Trigger Forward.

Stock

Hand guard

Trigger Control Group

Pistol Grip

What else am i missing here? thanks

Well, it is an AK already. But, I assume that you are looking to put in into a more traditional configuration, in that case add the Bullet Guide and either a Shepherd's crook or a plate retainer like the Krebs to your list.

The Hand guard is optional, but if it must be identical, you might also want to consider the Dinzag Arms gas tube conversion.

HTH!

im thinking i might go with K-Var synthetic black....but another part of me wants to keep it original wood. . . . these are the choices that kill me....if i get the k-var syntheic black plastic do i need to change the gas tube for it to fit?

Retaining plate for the pins would be stellar. Don't forget the bullet guide AKA feed ramp to use standard AK-47 magazines.

flat or roung bullet guide from dinzag?

another thing. . . warsaw lengh or nato length buttstock....what do you guys recommend. . . i might even change my mind to getting an ACE....just keeping options open. i know the warsaw is a tad bit shorter...but is it a big difference.?

another thing. . . warsaw lengh or nato length buttstock....what do you guys recommend. . . i might even change my mind to getting an ACE....just keeping options open. i know the warsaw is a tad bit shorter...but is it a big difference.?

Are you a large or small man? These are questions that are hard for others to answer. On my S12 and one of my AKs I use the ACE Med length stock, with the one inch recoil pad. I am 6"04". I could have went with the longer stock and still used the 1" pad, but I find that a slightly shorter length of pull is faster for the type of shooting I intend to do.

Well, it is an AK already. But, I assume that you are looking to put in into a more traditional configuration, in that case add the Bullet Guide and either a Shepherd's crook or a plate retainer like the Krebs to your list.

The Hand guard is optional, but if it must be identical, you might also want to consider the Dinzag Arms gas tube conversion.

HTH!

Why does he need to buy a shepherds hook? All Saigas come with a retainer wire (aka shepherds hook)

im thinking i might go with K-Var synthetic black....but another part of me wants to keep it original wood. . . . these are the choices that kill me....if i get the k-var syntheic black plastic do i need to change the gas tube for it to fit?

Original wood? Wood has not been "original" to the Kalashnikov since the 80s.

Your 7.62x39 or .223 Saiga has assembly line brothers that look like this:

AK-103 7.62x39

ak103762x39.jpg

AK-101 5.56x45 (.223 Remington)

ak101.jpg

Are you a large or small man? These are questions that are hard for others to answer. On my S12 and one of my AKs I use the ACE Med length stock, with the one inch recoil pad. I am 6"04". I could have went with the longer stock and still used the 1" pad, but I find that a slightly shorter length of pull is faster for the type of shooting I intend to do.

im on 5,8 ... warsaw is shorter right?

HTH!

Why does he need to buy a shepherds hook? All Saigas come with a retainer wire (aka shepherds hook)

Original wood? Wood has not been "original" to the Kalashnikov since the 80s.

Your 7.62x39 or .223 Saiga has assembly line brothers that look like this:

AK-103 7.62x39

ak103762x39.jpg

AK-101 5.56x45 (.223 Remington)

ak101.jpg

thanks for schooling me on that, i didnt know its been that long sine they have used wood.

Warsaw is shorter. Maybe by 1.25" or so.

I've got the NATO length but if I did it again I'd get Warsaw. The rifle was designed for the shorter length stock.

As for flat or round bullet guide, you need to figure that out. Is your trunnion round or flat?

Edited by Willie D

Yes, I have a small stack of the part that you are referring to right here near me. I guess I should have stated that the OP will have to make up his mind if he wants to use the factory shepherd's crook, or a retainer plate. I vote the retainer plate.

But for the record, and since we are in a corrective mood today, no Saiga comes with a shepherd's "hook", they come with a shepherd's crook. It is easy to remember, fishermen carry a hook, shepherds carry a crook.... HTH.

Warsaw is shorter. Maybe by 1.25" or so.

I've got the NATO length but if I did it again I'd get Warsaw. The rifle was designed for the shorter length stock.

As for flat or round bullet guide, you need to figure that out. Is your trunnion round or flat?

no idea, the rifle arrives at my FFL tomorrow. then i have to wait a 10 day period since im in california, to actually have the rifle in my hands. ill take a look when i get it

Can't you go at least examine the rifle during that ridiculous, unconstitutional, "waiting period"? If so, you could order the parts you need in the meantime and by the time your state "allows" you to actually take possession of your rifle, the conversion parts could be ready and waiting.

Can't you go at least examine the rifle during that ridiculous, unconstitutional, "waiting period"? If so, you could order the parts you need in the meantime and by the time your state "allows" you to actually take possession of your rifle, the conversion parts could be ready and waiting.

you're right, i guess i'll have to do that tomorrow....california's 2nd ammendment is limited, but hey atleast we have good wheather here :haha: it's unbelievable how much liberal bulls**T we have to go through in this state....it boggles my mind how many violent crimes there are in california with all these restrictions. Yet, texas for example, you can carry a concealed weapon; it makes scumbags think twice about commiting a violent crime. i think these communist states like mine should look at the statistics and open thier eyes to see what is really going on. :devil:

you're right, i guess i'll have to do that tomorrow....california's 2nd ammendment is limited, but hey atleast we have good wheather here :haha: it's unbelievable how much liberal bulls**T we have to go through in this state....it boggles my mind how many violent crimes there are in california with all these restrictions. Yet, texas for example, you can carry a concealed weapon; it makes scumbags think twice about commiting a violent crime. i think these communist states like mine should look at the statistics and open thier eyes to see what is really going on. :devil:

Oh, that'll never happen. Ridiculous firearms laws like the ones in CA, NJ, NY, etc are not about "reducing crime", no matter what the pos politicans say at the time. It's all about exerting control and having power over individual citizens.

The only way things will improve in CA and some other states is for the people to get organized and take back the power of government which is rightfully theirs. The utterly corrupt, arrogant assholes who are in office now must be thrown out of the statehouse. Perhaps then things can begin to move in the right direction.

Oh, that'll never happen. Ridiculous firearms laws like the ones in CA, NJ, NY, etc are not about "reducing crime", no matter what the pos politicans say at the time. It's all about exerting control and having power over individual citizens.

The only way things will improve in CA and some other states is for the people to get organized and take back the power of government which is rightfully theirs. The utterly corrupt, arrogant assholes who are in office now must be thrown out of the statehouse. Perhaps then things can begin to move in the right direction.

you're 100% right on that brother

Anyone know where to get the/a AK103 folding stock with the (scope-base) recessed???

That is sweet??

Yes, that is a very sweet stock design. I haven't been able to find one. :(

The K-Var stocks are available in a few places. Here is one source:

http://www.tac47industries.com/content-pro..._stock_set.html

If you want the official Izzy model, you'll pay twice as much

Anyone know where to get the/a AK103 folding stock with the (scope-base) recessed???

That is sweet??

Hmmm yeah but that still kind of sucks. That's the set. Is anyone currently selling just the folding AK-103 stock, (plum)? That's all I need. I already have the plum handguards and pistol grip.

That is sweet??

Hmmm yeah but that still kind of sucks. That's the set. Is anyone currently selling just the folding AK-103 stock, (plum)? That's all I need. I already have the plum handguards and pistol grip.

As of this minute, no country makes a plum colored side folder in the 103 pattern. K-var makes a black version and a desert tan version. Izhmash makes the black version only.

Don't get me wrong, Id like to see a plum side folder, but as of now, no one has produced it....

That is sweet??

As of this minute, no country makes a plum colored side folder in the 103 pattern. K-var makes a black version and a desert tan version. Izhmash makes the black version only.

Don't get me wrong, Id like to see a plum side folder, but as of now, no one has produced it....

Ok.. well do know of any sites that are selling a black AK-103 sidefolder by itself, without the pg and handguards?

That is sweet??

Ok.. well do know of any sites that are selling a black AK-103 sidefolder by itself, without the pg and handguards?

Just one, and it costs $235:

http://www.dsarms.com/USMade-Solid-Polymer...ctinfo/AKLSFBH/

an Izzy version is on gunbroker right now here:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=129324132 (its at $350)

You realize you will need to cut several holes in your SGL-20 in order to get that stock to fit right. Its worth the extra work.

Edited by bigsal