Sotomayor States Do Not Have to Obey Second Amendment

GOA just sent out an email to send to our idiots on the hill to let them know we are against her.

I'm pretty sure most of us here are members so I won't post it.

Send it on to all our gun friendly friends too to pass it on.

What makes the whole thing a Bit more suspicious and complicated is that after Heller, (which was pressed exactly because it was in DC, and not a state) the next step is obviously getting the 2nd Amendment incorporated against the states. There are two cases ongoing currently, able to be heard by the Supreme Court, that could make this happen. One is Nordyke vs King, in which the 9th Circuit Court of appeals held that the 2nd is incorporated against the states, and the other is Maloney vs Coumo, in which the 2nd circuit court of appeals held that it isnt incorporated against the states. The split decisions are actually desirable, as it increases drastically the chances that the Supreme Court will take a case to clear up the conflict, but what i think is odd, is that the likely first case to be heard by the court is Maloney, and im sure we can all wonder how a Justice Sotomayer might vote on that one, right? Its almost as if someone is trying to stack the deck against incorporation of the second amendment.

Who says that gun control isnt important to them? Seems to be a pretty active issue in their minds, if they are trying to make an appointment before October just to get a sure vote on a case that is likely to be heard in october...

Personally, i was hoping there would be a larger gap between the cases, as AZ has a ban on Nunchucks as well, and is in the 9th circuit, so i was hoping that law would be overturned within the disctrict courts before the supreme court has the chance to undue 200 years of common sense.

Oh really? If states do not have to obey the Constitution, what's stopping Mississippi from ignoring the 13th Amendment, or Montana from ignoring the 16th?

Miss Sotomayor has embarked upon a very slippery slope.

The only thing that matters to anyone in Washington is poll #'s, and somehow there is some crap USA today poll that says Americans like this nutjob. They certainly didn't ask me.

A "poll" can say anything that the pollsters want it to say, all they have to do it to pick the people being polled. One of the favorite ways for liberals to do this is to call people at home during the middle of the word. If they are at home there is a good chance that they do not work.

BO may have found himself in a pickle. While she is against the 1st and 2nd, she is not the ideal pro-choice person. I'm tempted to watch the fireworks as the special interests fight for a pecking order

Here is a GOA form letter that you can send to your senator(s). I am not a member of the GOA and there are probably others that are not here also. I found this in another forum I belong to.

pass it along to any other forums that are concerned with the protection of the 2A

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?...ESS=Take+Action

This is one rabid anti gun excuse for a judge. I read that George W. Bush made her a judge and the spineless Republicans will allow her confirmation to replace Ruth Bader 'Meinhoff' Ginsburgh who is equally as bad.

What worries me are the next Supreme Court radical justices that the Arab Obama will appoint after this one who will change the balance of the court to the anti gun side and apply 'international' law in place of the US Constitution.

This is one rabid anti gun excuse for a judge. I read that George W. Bush made her a judge and the spineless Republicans will allow her confirmation to replace Ruth Bader 'Meinhoff' Ginsburgh who is equally as bad.

What worries me are the next Supreme Court radical justices that the Arab Obama will appoint after this one who will change the balance of the court to the anti gun side and apply 'international' law in place of the US Constitution.

+1....that's how I see it.