I'm going on vacation in a few weeks to Nevada and I'm taking one handgun and at least one long gun. It will probably be the .50 Beowulf because I need one gun that can handle any man or beast while I'm camping. I will be travelling through and stopping overnight to camp in California. I know how to legally carry a handgun in California but even with a 10 rd mag I'm not sure how the AR15/Beowulf is viewed in the state with the bear on their flag (legal assault weapon or not) and how it can/should be carried in or outside of a vehicle. To make matters more confusing, can you take it out of your vehicle and put it in your tent loaded? If I go outside of my tent at night with it am I breaking the law? AGHHH!!!

I'm going on vacation in a few weeks to Nevada and I'm taking one handgun and at least one long gun. It will probably be the .50 Beowulf because I need one gun that can handle any man or beast while I'm camping. I will be travelling through and stopping overnight to camp in California. I know how to legally carry a handgun in California but even with a 10 rd mag I'm not sure how the AR15/Beowulf is viewed in the state with the bear on their flag (legal assault weapon or not) and how it can/should be carried in or outside of a vehicle. To make matters more confusing, can you take it out of your vehicle and put it in your tent loaded? If I go outside of my tent at night with it am I breaking the law? AGHHH!!!

I wouldn't take any of my guns to a place where they might be confiscated, and or, me go to rape you in the ass prison. Therefore, if my guns can't go safely, I aint goin. FUCK THEM LIBS, spend your money some place else.

Please note, this is just my shit, have a good time :rolleyes:

I wouldn't take any of my guns to a place where they might be confiscated, and or, me go to rape you in the ass prison. Therefore, if my guns can't go safely, I aint goin. FUCK THEM LIBS, spend your money some place else.

I feel the same way you do about their gun laws, but I don't let that keep me from the places there I want to see. I guess the reason I'm asking the question is I'm trying to walk that fine line between getting my guns confiscated and getting ass raped by a 400 pound bear. I'm going river rafting on the Truckee river outside of Tahoe with my dog and then explore some real old west ghost towns in northern Cal. Then its off to Vegas so I can end up drunk, beaten and robbed under an overpass at four o'clock in the morning. How's that for a vacation?

I feel the same way you do about their gun laws, but I don't let that keep me from the places there I want to see. I guess the reason I'm asking the question is I'm trying to walk that fine line between getting my guns confiscated and getting ass raped by a 400 pound bear. I'm going river rafting on the Truckee river outside of Tahoe with my dog and then explore some real old west ghost towns in northern Cal. Then its off to Vegas so I can end up drunk, beaten and robbed under an overpass at four o'clock in the morning. How's that for a vacation?

Let the good times roll DogMan. I think I'd forget about communing with the commies and go strait for the drunken whore mongering shit kicked of me experience of Vegas :haha:

Since you are gonna be in Trukee, so close to NV, why not just camp in NV instead? If you really want to go to all the trouble, mail your guns to yourself at a NV address and pick them up on the way to the campsite so you don't have them with you on the CA side. Lots of effort, but CA is not going to consider you legal with any AR variant.

Or you could switch weapons and bring something like a Rem 870 instead and a 10 cap mag or less on the pistol and you will be good. Its a bummer the laws are strict there and you wont be able to get through legally.

Yes, if you are transporting a legal firearm that you are legally qualified to own in your state of residence, you can travel with it through any state that you want. See link;

http://www.gunlaw.com/index.php?option=com...4&Itemid=29

You must be sure that when traveling through California, that all of your guns are unloaded, inaccessible (trunk is perfect), and stored totally separate from your ammo.

When you get to your campsite, load up your California legal pistol (or bring a legal shotty) for protection and it is perfectly legal to keep it loaded with you in your campsite (as long as you are not in a National Park).

You are also legally able to transport banned guns into California from out of state for training. You must print out proof that you are attending a training course within the time frame that you are traveling in California. All out of state instructors do this and there has NEVER been an incident.

Please go to calguns.net if you need further clarification.