New Saiga Stocks

Hello everyone. I'm new to the board and think it's about time for a Saiga forum. I'm usually on Gunboards.com and have posted pics of my stocks there under the SKS and AK topics. a few months ago I purchased a 762x39 Saiga and love it, so now it's time for a 308. I don't care for the original stock and I didn't want to go thru the hassle of the conversion so I designed a thumbhole and pistol grip stock. They will hopefully be in full production in Jan. They will be either solid or "thick" hollow synthetic construction depending on which mfg. I go with. I haven't got a final cost yet until I get an aggreement worked out with the mfg. When I get that info I will post it. In the mean time, here's some pics of the stocks. They have been range tested with over 500 rnds and in every shooting position. If anyone is interested, feel free to e-mail me.

I guess I don't know how to post pics.......Oh well, e-mail me and send pics.

Edited by F4D

Well, I saw your stock designs, and I especially like the thumbhole stock. If you can list some prices, I'm pretty sure I'll want one. Just make sure to include installing instructions for newbies like myself. Is this a legal modification to the rifle, or would I have to replace a bunch of other parts too?

Gandalf

Gandalph, I'm waiting for a reply from BATF regarding the legality of the stocks. The stocks will be solid synthetic or thick wall hollow, depending on the two mfg. I'm working with. The consumer price that I'm "shooting" for is 79.99 for the butt stocks, and 39.99 for fore arm pistol grip. These will require no other mods to the Saiga other than removing the original furniture and replacing the new stocks. If the BATF gives me a thumbs down on these stocks, You could replace the trigger group with US parts and be OK. At least this my understanding.

I went home and took out my Saiga last night (I often do just to admire it). It looks like all I'd have to do is remove a couple of screws and the butt stock would come off. If that's all there is to it, I shouldn't have any trouble at all swapping stocks. I love the simplicity of these guns.

I'm interested. It's a bit more than what I want to put into a $200 gun, but I could be persuaded. I am assuming it would move my hand closer to the trigger assembly. The way the rifle is set up now the length of pull is a bit long and my hand just kind of hangs out there behind the trigger guard. My shotgun is the same way.

I looked at your pictures on the other site, I also like the none thumbhole version. Will they be the same price? I also see in the shotgun forum there is one simular to yours in wood, maybe it is yours I didn't pay attention to the names on the posts. Would it be possible to get one in wood instead of synthetic?

Nice design at any rate, let us know when things are ready to go.

By the way, is the F4D a reference to the F-4 air frame, and what relationship do you have to it, Pilot, ground support? I was a "bubble chaser" at Goerge AFB on E and G models. I once heard a pilot tell his trainee that pointed out a small leak, "That's a good thing, if it doesn't leak worry. It means it's empty!"

Paul

ky, the stocks are very comfortable and puts the firing finger where it should be. The extra weight of the stock balances the rifle for increased accuracy. E-mail me and I will send more info.

Paul, the stocks can be used on the shotguns but I'm not sure of the legalities. I drove F4's, 105.s, and A1E's. Many moons of intense fun!!

Regards, Jerry

• 4 weeks later...