Saiga 12 Need Bolt Assembly and Xtra Extractor w/Spring

I'm looking for a spare bolt assembly, and additionally need a new extractor with spring. If you have either or both of these items, please contact me with prices.

Thanks.

Waffenschmied

Moving to WTB.

Thanks. Your help is appreciated. BTW the avatar is from a film shoot I worked in. I am a goldsmith and work in film as a sideline. I am not an actor (or a fed), I just play one in films.

Waffenschmied

Moving to WTB.

Thanks. Your help is appreciated. BTW the avatar is from a film shoot I worked in. I am a goldsmith and work in film as a sideline. I am not an actor (or a fed), I just play one in films.

Waffenschmied

Welcome to the forum. Do you work primarily in commercial jewelery, or something else?

Individual saiga specific parts can be hard to find, but I do know that Tantal has some in stock, from time to time

His site is here, http://www.avtomats-in-action.com/index.html but as it says on his site, the best way to get ahold of him about a specific item is to write him an email and ask. tantal@sbcglobal.net

We have a quantity of top quality spare parts for your Izhmash Saiga shotgun. These hard to find items will make sure your shotgun keeps running smoothly for years to come. We have new bolt assemblies, bolt carriers, top covers, cleaning rods, cleaning kits, manuals, recoil springs, ejection port shields, various pins, trigger parts, sight rails, furniture items, buttstock hardware parts, chokes, slings, magazines and magazine parts, optics and other small items too numerous to list here. Please e-mail me with any special request you might have. We sell only original factory items which have been fully inspected and factory proofed, in new or near new condition.

Alternatively, the distributor, RAAC, occasionally gets spare parts from Russia for warranty work, they dont stock much normally, but its definately worth asking about. info@raacfirearms.com

If i can ask, what is wrong with the bolt and extractor you have, or are you just looking for replacement parts?

Edited by ReverendFranz
Welcome to the forum. Do you work primarily in commercial jewelery, or something else?

Individual saiga specific parts can be hard to find, but I do know that Tantal has some in stock, from time to time

His site is here, http://www.avtomats-in-action.com/index.html but as it says on his site, the best way to get ahold of him about a specific item is to write him an email and ask. tantal@sbcglobal.net

We have a quantity of top quality spare parts for your Izhmash Saiga shotgun. These hard to find items will make sure your shotgun keeps running smoothly for years to come. We have new bolt assemblies, bolt carriers, top covers, cleaning rods, cleaning kits, manuals, recoil springs, ejection port shields, various pins, trigger parts, sight rails, furniture items, buttstock hardware parts, chokes, slings, magazines and magazine parts, optics and other small items too numerous to list here. Please e-mail me with any special request you might have. We sell only original factory items which have been fully inspected and factory proofed, in new or near new condition.

Alternatively, the distributor, RAAC, occasionally gets spare parts from Russia for warranty work, they dont stock much normally, but its definately worth asking about. info@raacfirearms.com

If i can ask, what is wrong with the bolt and extractor you have, or are you just looking for replacement parts?

I am a commercial jeweler in the sense that I am in business, but my pieces are individually hand fabricated and hand finished which is less "commercial" than say, casting or die stamping jewelry pieces in quantity.

The bolt is fine, but extractor was a bit sticky and interfered with cycling. I switched the extractor out with one from my other Saiga conversion, and that extractor worked just fine. So, that leaves me short one extractor.

It occurred to me that in designing the shotgun, Izhmash most likely did not reinvent the wheel, and modeled their external extractor after another shotgun. It's a long shot but I'm poking around to see if there is one close enough to the Saiga 12 extractor so that it can be modified to go to work in the Saiga in the event I am unable to locate the original part.

I contated Tantal, and RAA. So far no luck. I will keep after it.

Waffenschmied

I am a commercial jeweler in the sense that I am in business, but my pieces are individually hand fabricated and hand finished which is less "commercial" than say, casting or die stamping jewelry pieces in quantity.

The bolt is fine, but extractor was a bit sticky and interfered with cycling. I switched the extractor out with one from my other Saiga conversion, and that extractor worked just fine. So, that leaves me short one extractor.

It occurred to me that in designing the shotgun, Izhmash most likely did not reinvent the wheel, and modeled their external extractor after another shotgun. It's a long shot but I'm poking around to see if there is one close enough to the Saiga 12 extractor so that it can be modified to go to work in the Saiga in the event I am unable to locate the original part.

Waffenschmied

I was able to find what I needed. Thanks for all the help.

WS

Waffenschmied

WS

Waffenschmied

WS

Noch was Franz... Sind sie Sueddeutscher, oder aus Oesterreich? Der name Franz kommt normaleweise aus dem Sueden.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

WS