Front gas block

Speaking from recent personal experience, gas blocks or just about any major parts for the S-12 are very difficult to find. Your best bet would be to contact customer service at RAAC; they sometimes have a part gun or two around for warranty work. It took a while, but eventually the fine folks at RAAC came through for me!

S

Edited by ScottyC

Dang, well I will have to contact RAAC then.

As for what happened, eh, I was trying to resolve a FTE problem, and isolated the cause in the gas system. I found that the rear of the hole in the gas block was partially obstructing the rear 2 gas holes on the barrel. I went to work on it, and didnt stop to realize that the pistion "puck" comes right up to the edge of the gas hole. So now the gas hole is ramped up and ends in the back quarter of the puck. So, while the gas holes in the barrel are no longer obstructed, the FTE problem remains. So I decided that when my new Red Jacket arrives, I will set my now old Saiga to side as a project gun, and do a full conversion, starting with replacing the front gas block with a new one.