5 round mags

My S12 is modified and needs to remain 922 compliant.

I already have, in addition to my 3 - 10 round AGP mags and 1 Surefire 2 round mag (which I just found out I don't need for hunting here in AZ) , 3 - 5 round Surefire mags on order. It's all good.

I also have one 5 round factory mag. I don't want to take a chance on getting caught with it in the gun, so it's now strictly an "emergency" mag, to be used only if circumstances dictate that getting caught with it is the least of my problems.

I hate to not be able to include it in my loaded mag stash though, and not to be able to use it at the range.

Does anyone know if there are springs, followers, and floorplates made in the US that will fit in it, and allow me to use it without fear of BATFE?

Thanks

Edited by StarPD

You only run into 922r problems once you put on a hi-cap mag >5rnds. Also even if you use a U.S. made hi-cap mag on your basically stock gun, you will still not comply with 922r. For compliance, most people do the conversion which replaces enough parts to meet 922r.

He states his S 12 is "modified". Probably has the pistol grip which makes it non-sporting and the capacity of the mag no longer matters.

To the OP:

You can easily reduce your imported parts count by replacing the following items with U.S. made counter parts. Chances are some of these parts are already U.S. made in your modified gun-

Stock

Grip

barrel thread protector (put a polychoke in it's place)

Forearm

Gas piston

trigger group (counts as 3 parts)

As long as you are at or under 10 imported, restricted parts you can use whatever mags you want.

Use the checklist to do the math:

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildSaigaVerifyCompliance

As you can see, but simply de-selecting the Stock, Hammer, Disconnector, Trigger, and Forearm you are now compliant with the imported mag parts. Now if your gun is "Modified" using the all in one "conversion" grip & stock, and the factory trigger parts you should look into a forearm, a muzzle attachment, and a Gas piston. Or look into doing / having done, the full conversion.

If you post a pic of your gun that might help us understand your issue.

Welcome to the site.

You only run into 922r problems once you put on a hi-cap mag >5rnds. Also even if you use a U.S. made hi-cap mag on your basically stock gun, you will still not comply with 922r. For compliance, most people do the conversion which replaces enough parts to meet 922r.

As hobbyshooter has pointed out if his shotgun is converted then it is already in a non sporting configuration even if you stick with the 5 rounder. To the OP there are a few cheap less expensive parts that will get you compliant. It is usually no recommended to use a magazine as a compliant part. Let us know what have got now.

Edited by yoshi76