NDS tabuk flash hider

Just wanted to make sure this would fit on a S308, assuming I threaded it with the right size thread.

"Tabuk" style flash hider.

A quality US made part that replicates the Iraqi model. An original was used as our pattern. Can also be used on SVD replicas.

Will fit any barrel with std 14x1 left hand threads. Has 5 slots and 5 locking detents.

Material: 1018 steel Length: 3.680"

NDS-28 "Tabuk" flash hider $40 each + $5 shipping

NDS-28web2.jpg

Fuck dude. I'm about to totally jack the appearance of your rifle. I guess I've been doing it ever since I joined the forum anyway, so what's one more piece gonna matter? Mine's the one with the gray optics.

DSCF1323-1.jpg

Anyway, what's involved in "turning down" the OD of the barrel? Do I need to get a lathe or something? I read that some of the older 308's had a different OD than the newer ones, do you know anything about this?

Fuck dude. I'm about to totally jack the appearance of your rifle. I guess I've been doing it ever since I joined the forum anyway, so what's one more piece gonna matter? Mine's the one with the gray optics.

Anyway, what's involved in "turning down" the OD of the barrel? Do I need to get a lathe or something? I read that some of the older 308's had a different OD than the newer ones, do you know anything about this?

We put in on a lathe to turn it down.

I guess it could be done manually, but I'm sure as hell not good enough to try it!

Didn't really take a whole lot off.

Then just threaded the barrel for the LH threads and that was it!

Used a regular AK FSB too.

It's a bit smaller than the Saiga one was and I think looks better.

Cool. I appreciate it. I may pay someone to do this, as I don't have access to the the type of machinery to pull this off. Plus, I'd like to take a couple of inches off the barrel in the process, to keep the same OAL, and I don't feel confident enough in my skills to make it all work.

Looks like that's about the only thing you can do without having to turn down the barrel. $125 isn't too bad for the flash hider, the FSB+FH rework, and TAT rental to thread. I'm in the process in doing this exact same conversion myself...glad to see and read about one before actually doing it. I actually thought that people were cutting their receivers at an angle to get those Choate stocks to fit!!! :angry: I also had no idea how to go along threading these either...

Would that require that he mill out the inside of the FH and then re-thread it? That's the only way I can see it being able to fit, if the barrel needs to be resized.

That's how he does it, yes. Way easier than removing your barrel, and it will look a lot cleaner than getting the barrel turned down, in my opinion.

Wes