Hi all. The main reason I got my Saiga is to shoot skeet. So, after reading the forums, I bought myself a Poly Choke II. I'v got it threaded tightly on the barrel but when I try to adjust it, it just lossens it self or tightens itself on the barrel depending on the direction I turn it. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and the instruction sheet that came with it doesn't help. Can anyone give me some direction/help?

Thanks,

NCGrimbo

Sometimes Poly chokes are threaded loose (mine was) but it always tightened down with the included wrench, never came loose. you could always try some blue locktite, and when you need to remove it, use a torch to lightly heat it up and the same wrench to remove it. I think they have more threads than some stock S-12s, you could rent a barrel thread kit (Dinzag) and add some more threads,..

FWIW,..

The choke adjustment can be very stiff at first. I used a couple of strap wrenches - one to hold the choke tight on the barrel, and the other to turn the outer sleeve to adjust the choke. You could use different tools, but the concept would be the same.

Hi all. The main reason I got my Saiga is to shoot skeet....

That has got to be one of the.... strangest things I have ever read. Being an avid skeet and sporting clays shotgunner myself, if you purchased a Saiga semi-auto magazine fed shotgun to shoot skeet with..... I think you might have bigger challenges than merely figuring out how to work the PolyChoke on your barrel.

:lolol: . . . . :lolol: . . . . :lolol: . . . . . . . . . :angel:

Okay... my apologies.

I just couldn't pass this up.

:devil:

Hi all. The main reason I got my Saiga is to shoot skeet....

That has got to be one of the.... strangest things I have ever read. Being an avid skeet and sporting clays shotgunner myself, if you purchased a Saiga semi-auto magazine fed shotgun to shoot skeet with..... I think you might have bigger challenges than merely figuring out how to work the PolyChoke on your barrel.

:lolol: . . . . :lolol: . . . . :lolol: . . . . . . . . . :angel:

Okay... my apologies.

I just couldn't pass this up.

:devil:

Thanks for the helpfull information Gary. You sure know how to make a noob feel good. mlm

I forgot, I did take my poly all the way apart and lightly sanded in between the fingers and the compression surfaces, then cleaned and oiled it, it was much easier then,..

I shot skeet with my S-12 and the poly really helped with tighter patterns. My neighbor really got it down to, he could drop those skeets like nobodies business!!

I forgot, I did take my poly all the way apart and lightly sanded in between the fingers and the compression surfaces, then cleaned and oiled it, it was much easier then,..

I shot skeet with my S-12 and the poly really helped with tighter patterns. My neighbor really got it down to, he could drop those skeets like nobodies business!!

Thanks. I took it off the barrel and used a clamp (as hogdog suggested) to hold it while I turned it some and it seems to have loosened up some. I'll have to try the oil technique. Sounds like that's what it needs.

Edited by NCGrimbo