Are there any photos or videos of S-12 Bolt Assembly?

I cleaned my new S-12 for the first time and I'm having a hell of a time getting the bolt & bolt carrier back in. I've searched for photos or videos showing the correct placement of the bolt in the carrier, but every video I've found either skips reassembly, or has a modified bolt. (Mine is the standard "Hunter" configuration)

I sure feel stoopid not being able to reassemble it.

Thanks all.

PatriotMusic

I cleaned my new S-12 for the first time and I'm having a hell of a time getting the bolt & bolt carrier back in. I've searched for photos or videos showing the correct placement of the bolt in the carrier, but every video I've found either skips reassembly, or has a modified bolt. (Mine is the standard "Hunter" configuration)

Thanks all.

PatriotMusic

Hi patriotmusic, the same thing has happened to me, you are not alone, you well get it back in man, just relax ok.

you have to put the lug in the groove and rotate the bolt until the little keyway looking thing is straight, there is a youtube video under cleaning the saiga 12 and if you pause it while doing it you can see how it works. do not panic brother :)

I am a noob maybe some of the other men on here can explain it better. I know most have been really helpful with me, Chili is a good guy and Cobra heck there are many who will post soon I am sure.

hang in there

Thanks. What's so frsutrating about it is that EVERYONE here says it's so easy once you figue it out. Man, do I want a video! Or better yet, to be able to watch someone do it right next to me. Thanks for the reply. I'm sure someone will eventually describe it in such a way that it will "click".

PatriotMusic

Thanks all.

PatriotMusic

Hi patriotmusic, the same thing has happened to me, you are not alone, you well get it back in man, just relax ok.

you have to put the lug in the groove and rotate the bolt until the little keyway looking thing is straight, there is a youtube video under cleaning the saiga 12 and if you pause it while doing it you can see how it works. do not panic brother :)

I am a noob maybe some of the other men on here can explain it better. I know most have been really helpful with me, Chili is a good guy and Cobra heck there are many who will post soon I am sure.

hang in there

Thanks. What's so frsutrating about it is that EVERYONE here says it's so easy once you figue it out. Man, do I want a video! Or better yet, to be able to watch someone do it right next to me. Thanks for the reply. I'm sure someone will eventually describe it in such a way that it will "click".

PatriotMusic

Thanks all.

PatriotMusic

hang in there

There is a video on you tube when you type in cleaning saiga 12, it worked for me and I was a total noob now still a noob just not total.

Hang in there.

Yup, that's the one! Took me 1 minute after seeing that video. Thanks a lot, man.

My problem was that I wasn't inserting the bolt support into the rails. When the front of the bolt support is just barely in the tube, the backend has to be ALL the way back. Otherwise, one or both sides will not slide under the rails and will eventually stop short when you try to slide it forward. All the way back so the bolt support can go under the rails.

Thanks again guys. NOW I can say how easy it is!

PatriotMusic

This should help you:
Edited by PatriotMusic
I'd like to see that video placed as a sticky under a new category called something like "Assembly/Disassembly Instructions".

PatriotMusic

Why not just read the manufacturers instruction booklet?

Like Ragu... Its in there!

I'd like to see that video placed as a sticky under a new category called something like "Assembly/Disassembly Instructions".

PatriotMusic

I try to save links like that in my browser's "favorites/bookmarks", just so I have it. Then you can just provide the link when someone asks.

Do the same, and next time someone comes around asking, you can give 'em the link. :D