Magazines with a "little extra" practicality

Since a big reason for my rifle's existence is survival, I put my magazines to additional use. As you can see in the photos, I now have 25 feet of multi-purpose para-cord with each of my 30 round magazines. To use it, I just slide the base cover off and pull off the para-cord. Who knows if I'll ever use it, but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead. The para-cord is about 10 cents a foot and it's very strong for just about every need you could come up with. I just thought I'd share it with the group.

post-18034-1246121384_thumb.jpg

post-18034-1246121396_thumb.jpg

post-18034-1246121411_thumb.jpg

Looks good, as long as it doesnt slip up. I have my stock wrapped for the same reason, and am pretty happy with it, just need to get started on the survival tack for the butstock and grip hollows.

This guy used to have alot of decent articles on assembling survival kits, but it kinda looks like he is more interested in just selling the kits now. Still, theres some tips, and lots of good ideas. http://www.survivaloutdoorskills.com

My idea is if i dont know whats going on, but think something bad might happen, im more likely to grab my rifle without thinking than i am anything else, so why not have it carry some other stuf i might need.

I put together my survival kit from scratch with a shoe polish can, following the guidelines of my SAS manual; it could probably be attached to my gun somehow. I highly suggest picking up the miniature version of the book and perhaps stuffing it in your mag pouch. I have two copies just in case.

I put together my survival kit from scratch with a shoe polish can, following the guidelines of my SAS manual; it could probably be attached to my gun somehow. I highly suggest picking up the miniature version of the book and perhaps stuffing it in your mag pouch. I have two copies just in case.

If you Google various "survival" terms, the SAS manual shows up often. Good information.

Looks good, as long as it doesnt slip up. I have my stock wrapped for the same reason, and am pretty happy with it, just need to get started on the survival tack for the butstock and grip hollows.

This guy used to have alot of decent articles on assembling survival kits, but it kinda looks like he is more interested in just selling the kits now. Still, theres some tips, and lots of good ideas. http://www.survivaloutdoorskills.com

My idea is if i dont know whats going on, but think something bad might happen, im more likely to grab my rifle without thinking than i am anything else, so why not have it carry some other stuf i might need.

I keep my "bag" in the trunk of my car at all times, along with 1k of ammo. As matter of fact, I found a nice sewing kit that I added to it yesterday. Between hurricanes and the unknown, it's a little piece of mind.

dont forget your one ounce bottle of iodine......SO MANY "survivalists" miss this item, it isnt even funny. Its good for cuts and wounds, AND you can purify the most wretched water in an hour with it.....it isnt exactly good for you, but for short periods of time and occasional general use, its just fine.....