I bought Call of Duty 3 for the PS3 and I just suck at it. I have played several Medal of Honor, Call of Duty and other such games, but I am stuck, in the easiest mode, on the first level of this stupid game. I have tried to find a cheat code or a walk through to get past my stuck point, but with no luck.

Does anyone know how, in the first level, when your character has to clear out the bombed out house, you get past the German who clubs you with the butt stock of his rifle. When you enter the doorway, he springs out and cold cocks you before you can do anything. I've tried to shoot him through the wall, I've tried hand grenades, smoke grenades and running through the door, and I have hit the "flail" button as soon as he hits me, but after about 60 tries over a few days, I cant' do it.

Any suggestions or tricks so that I can at least move on to level two of this game?

Thanks,

WJ

P.S. Am I the only board member who is over the age of 50 who still games??? If so, I guess I'm just weird, but I can accept that.

Edited by WarriorJudge

YEah and I would have to say if you have ps3 and it hooked up on the net cod4 is much better and cod4 #2 coming out soon its been out for a while and its still a big seller mainly because of the online player but as for the cod3 you can try here and see if this info helps http://www.gamerevolution.com/cheat/ps3/call-of-duty-3

WJ,

:lolol: Well, I am under 50, but I do play that game. You need to watch the screen really close when the German pops out and attacks you. It will flash some arrow signs and you have to hit the L1 and R1 buttons back and forth rapidly until you start to get the upper hand. Then you will see another symbol flash on the screen and you have to quickly press whichever button it shows (I cannot remember which one) and start the process over again. You have to repeat the process 3 times and then you get to butt stroke him with the rifle and move on to the next level.

Edited by GeorgiaPD

Thanks GeorgiaPD. I'll give it a try. It sure seems like they programed in a lot of effort to get by one guy who should have died via the hand grenade!

I agree with the concept of just giving up on the game and selling it or trading it in after so many failed attempts. However, I would like to play it a bit more before I completely give up on it. I have the other COD games and the Medal of Honor series, and I have never been so stuck on any one task as I have been with COD 3 at this particular point in the game.

gamefaqs.com for walkthroughs and cheats

I was a hardcore gamer for two decades, then one day, i just stopped playing.

on the same lines, I hate going to visit a friend, and they are glued to the fucking television, not saying a word, and put up the quiet sign when you try to interact with them.

Bvamp, thanks for the link.

I am very far from being a hard core gamer. I get in a few hours a week, but I find it to be relaxing. One thing about gaming is that the kids can relate to it, so when I want some peace and quiet, I put on the head phones and escape into a game and, unbelievably, they usually leave me alone!

We are sort of a pathetic commentary on the current state of the American family. Just kidding. But, at any given time one kid is on one t.v., while texting; the other kid is on their computer, my wife is watching another t.v. and I'm either here, or playing PS3. Man, if the electric grid ever collapses, we would actually have to do something together as a family - imaging that! (Well, we do actually have quality family time, but at times we are all going our own separate ways, mindlessly escaping reality via the electronic medium.) However, we do not ignore company when they come over!

Edited by WarriorJudge