What I've learned from the news this week

Watching network news for the last couple of days, one would not realize that anything more important than the death of Michael Jackson has occurred. I didn't hear much news about the wars we are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. The fact that China is dumping US Treasury notes and buying gold to strengthen it's economy. I didn't hear that China is in favor of initiating a world currency, and openly denouncing the US dollar as no longer being the dominant currency in the world today. I didn't hear any major news agency explaining that the new energy bill that was passed yesterday will be the biggest single tax increase in the history of the USA. The 300 page document was passed by majority vote without being read, just like the stimulus package before it. Will we never learn? What company in the world would enact policies as sweeping as these two documents contained without a firm understanding of what they contain?

A few things I did learn from the news, MJ was in debt $400,000,000.00 dollars. How does this affect any normal person in this country? I learned he was still estranged from some of his family members. This is news? I learned he was addicted to pain medication. Wow big surprise. I work daily with real men in the construction industry and I can tell you that there are very few of us who do not work without pain caused by the years of damage that this business inflicts on a person. I don't know of any who are addicted to pain medication, oh yea by the way we are all in our 50's. I learned that the moral decay of the US populace is much worse than I could have ever imagined. The people being interviewed called MJ a good man, a great entertainer, a good father, they continued to extol his virtues endlessly. Why hasn't anyone spoken for the children he raped? He was and is a pedophile. That fact can not be disputed, you can do a search on The Smoking Gun web site and read an affidavit signed by a child detailing what this kind, gentle man did to him. I could continue with the wealth of useful information being spewed by our major news agencies but it would be boring to you gentlemen, as boring and useless as it is to me. God help us all, especially those of us who love this country and are concerned about its survival.

The media is the Roman Coliseum of the 21th Century. We may be going to hell in a hand basket, but damn it we will be entertained while we make the trip!

A couple of corrections: Cap and trade is not a done deal, and the bill itself was 1200 pages, 300 pages were added in the middle of the night, these pages were not read by most of the representatives, because for the most part, the don't care about representing us.

You got the facts way wrong. It wasn't a 300 page document. There was a 300 page Amenendment added to it at like 3 AM. The bill itself is like 1000 freaking pages like the porkulus plan was. And yep, not one of those ass clowns bothered to read it. I like what I'm hearing from Boehner but it's out of his hands now. All comes down to the Senate.

When asked why he read portions of the cap-and-trade bill on the floor Friday night, Boehner told The Hill, "Hey, people deserve to know what's in this pile of s--t."