This is an incredible video that was done years before Wall Street devastated our economy. This link is to a sort clip you can see the whole performance if you follow the link below the video. Listen to what this man says, and remember this was recorded way before the economic mess we're in now.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/864655/georg...edom_of_choice/

Carlin did his best work when he was young. He became a very bitter old liberal. I did his personal security several times.

All that he is doing here is selling the bitter old lie that has disenfranchised the majority of Americans away from the system that made us great. Oh, he has taken the time to wrap it in a few truths to make it easy to swallow. That lie, that your vote counts for nothing, is why the minority get the majority in this country.

That is the truth and it will be, until we get a President in this country that comes there by force of arms.

If you want to see this Country move back to the right, then start voting for politicians that reflect that value. The more we do this, the more we will see the correction.

That is the truth and it will be, until we get a President in this country that comes there by force of arms.

Why would a president ever need to come to power by force of arms in the USA?

Sound Bytes are more powerful than bullets. It's much more effective to brainwash sheeple and keep the illusion of freedom than to point guns at people.

And how is the right any better than the left? Bush infringed upon just as many of my rights as Obama plans to.

The real issue is no longer right vs. left, they're the same.

It's Authoritarian vs. Libertarian.

Edited by saigafun12345

Why would a president ever need to come to power by force of arms in the USA?

Sound Bytes are more powerful than bullets. It's much more effective to brainwash sheeple and keep the illusion of freedom than to point guns at people.

And how is the right any better than the left? Bush infringed upon just as many of my rights as Obama plans to.

The real issue is no longer right vs. left, they're the same.

It's Authoritarian vs. Libertarian.

You apparently read one sentence in my post and then took in out of context. I certainly did not advocate installing a President at gunpoint. I stated just the opposite. That is as long as we are able to VOTE the President of our choice into office, they system does work, contrary to what Carlin is saying.

Carlin and you are both incorrect, They are not ALL THE SAME. Do you really believe that Obama is "the same" as Ron Paul, Fred Thompson, Pat Buchanan, Huckibee, Libermann or Bob Barr?

However, we as a people, did not vote any of them it, nor did Obama come to power by force of arms. The SYSTEM still works, it is "We the people" that has failed.

As I have said, quit repeating the damn lie that, "your vote does not matter, they are all the same." That lie was created and hand fed to Conservative Americans to disenfranchise them of their power. Meanwhile, liberals show up at the polls by the church bus full and we wonder why they get the lions share and are presently in control of the country?

[

You apparently read one sentence in my post and then took in out of context. I certainly did not advocate installing a President at gunpoint. I stated just the opposite. That is as long as we are able to VOTE the President of our choice into office, they system does work, contrary to what Carlin is saying.

Carlin and you are both incorrect, They are not ALL THE SAME. Do you really believe that Obama is "the same" as Ron Paul, Fred Thompson, Pat Buchanan, Huckibee, Libermann or Bob Barr?

However, we as a people, did not vote any of them it, nor did Obama come to power by force of arms. The SYSTEM still works, it is "We the people" that has failed.

As I have said, quit repeating the damn lie that, "your vote does not matter, they are all the same." That lie was created and hand fed to Conservative Americans to disenfranchise them of their power. Meanwhile, liberals show up at the polls by the church bus full and we wonder why they get the lions share and are presently in control of the country?

No, they're not the same as Ron Paul. Ron Paul was a genius who honestly cares about this country. The majority of republicans are just as bad as the democrats. Look at the last 8 years.

Therefore, FOX news made a point to destroy him in a MEDIA war. They booed him at the debate when he taked about lowering taxes (planted audience lol). No one gave him any airtime, he was silenced. His own wife was denied a seat at the caucus and that one pollster essentially raped him. He got almost 5,000 write ins here in liberal new jersey. impressive for a guy the mainstream media would have you believe does not even exist.

You are right, we the people have failed. But the end result is the same - we have owners now.

Edited by saigafun12345
No, they're not the same as Ron Paul. Ron Paul was a genius who honestly cares about this country. The majority of republicans are just as bad as the democrats. Look at the last 8 years.

Therefore, FOX news made a point to destroy him in a MEDIA war. They booed him at the debate when he taked about lowering taxes (planted audience lol). No one gave him any airtime, he was silenced. His own wife was denied a seat at the caucus and that one pollster essentially raped him. He got almost 5,000 write ins here in liberal new jersey. impressive for a guy the mainstream media would have you believe does not even exist.

You are right, we the people have failed. But the end result is the same - we have owners now.

Well I am not a Paulbot, but would have far preferred him or any of the candidates that I compared to Obama as the POTUS.

The fact that you homed in on Paul and ignored the rest of the comparison says volumes. My big fault with Ron Paul was not Paul himself, but the damn Paulbots who took the attitude that, "if we can't have our way we will take our vote and stay home!" They helped put BO in office!

Bush had his failings but I honestly believe that we have done far worst. Most of America was pretty happy with him, then after 911 when Bush Fever was high, the Dems started passing out the "Bush is bad" Kool-Aid" to make sure that they got a chance in the next election. Did you get some by the way?

Well I am not a Paulbot, but would have far preferred him or any of the candidates that I compared to Obama as the POTUS.

The fact that you homed in on Paul and ignored the rest of the comparison says volumes. My big fault with Ron Paul was not Paul himself, but the damn Paulbots who took the attitude that, "if we can't have our way we will take our vote and stay home!" They helped put BO in office!

Bush had his failings but I honestly believe that we have done far worst. Most of America was pretty happy with him, then after 911 when Bush Fever was high, the Dems started passing out the "Bush is bad" Kool-Aid" to make sure that they got a chance in the next election. Did you get some by the way?

I was one of 5,000 write in's for Ron Paul in NJ

I'll give my vote to the best candidate, no republican or democrat will EVER get my vote

What does commenting on Paul and not the others indicate? What if he had commented on someone else? Paulbots? Who are they? I bet that most Paul supporters voted for who they thought was most fit for office. That probably means a 3rd party candidate in most cases, they tend not to be partisan voters.

What does commenting on Paul and not the others indicate? What if he had commented on someone else? Paulbots? Who are they? I bet that most Paul supporters voted for who they thought was most fit for office. That probably means a 3rd party candidate in most cases, they tend not to be partisan voters.

ding ding ding

of all the candidates, paul was the only one to consult the constitution for every issue. people have distorted political views into right vs. left with certain issue on one side or the other, but not both agreeing together.

am i a paulbot, no, i'm a constitutionbot, and ron paul best represents my view of what american govt once was

in recent years, i have taken a liking to politicians that recognize constitutional values and govt limits, such as bob barr. most of those politicians are politically conservative at heart and have given up partisan bullshit.

here's an interesting thought: the constitution does not allow a standing army....only a navy. we didn't want a standing army to act on the interest of tyrant. we wanted state militias to be called up for defense, and if they didn't think a preemptive offense was the best defense, they stayed home and took care of their families.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State"....that speaks volumes about federal military branches once you realize that there was ONLY a navy to regulate trade. with air transport, an air force would be needed but neither would go beyond international waters for offensive missions.

does that point of view make me a liberal? hardly, it makes me more conservative than dick cheney. right vs. left is usually just one gang wearing blue agreeing on most of the minor issues and the gang in red doesn't agree with, but both gangs forget about the big picture

Id also note that the term "left wing" originated in post revolutionary France, where it was used fairly synonymously with the traditional sense of the word "Republican", people who wanted rule by the people under law, as the "right wing" was comprised of supporters of the monarchy and authoritarian rule. More accurately, the majority of those who sat to the left of the president in third estate, are today, considered Libertarian icons.

It reminds me quite a bit of Nalioth always going on about playing the word games of those who want to take your liberty from you, and is an excellent example of how redefining terms is one of the most effective means of winning a debate, or rather excluding those who dont use your excepted terms.

all great posts, from about Post #8 on down.

This realization reminds me of a theory that I've been kicking around with regards to why we get along so well with China.

The rough summary is that they have both matured as equal opposites: China had a one-party dictatorship, but has subsequently split into two demographically distinct factions under the umbrella of the CCP. The US at about the same time has gone from demographically distinct parties to a more homogeneous club that cooperates on most things and argues for show, but basically have the same levels of respect for constitutionality. In both cases Third Parties are present, but only in the most superficial of ways, as the main players have in essence barred them from as much of the process as possible in order to maintain their hegemony. A 2 party state is essentially one man with a puppet on each hand; sure it may look like the puppets are yelling at each other, so long as you pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Oh, I have no problems with the Paul folks trying to support their man, I had a problem with fact that once he had withdrawn they became angry, tried to write him in or just flat stayed home.

The number one "ability" of any politician has nothing to do with his platform, it is the ability to become elected, without that nothing else matters. The message that we finally sent both parties is that we the people ultimately supported the more left leaning of two liberal choices. Thus the country will continue its slide to the left.