My 16.3" S308 With Wood Furniture and Polished Bolt Carrier

Bought this rifle back in January. I really wanted the wood furniture on it, but did not want to get the 22" version. Finally came across a good deal to get that wood on my Saiga. As for the bolt carrier, I polished that myself last weekend. Took a bit of time, but I think it looks really nice and makes good contrast with the rest of the weapon.

Comments are welcome.

P.S. MOLOT Ultra Low Weaver Sidemount and POSP 8x42 WD are being shipped to my house right now.

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

That looks really slick. It deserves a spot in the picture sticky thread.

Your rifle looks great. I too was thinking about using the wood on my 16" barrel also.

How did you polish the bolt carrier?

Thank you. I personaly never seen wood furniture on a 16", so I decided to go for it. The feel of a short rifle with wood furniture is awesome.

As for the bolt carrier, I started with 400 grip paper, removed the bluing from most of the bolt carrier. I left the bottom part that actually ctravels on rails and holds the bolt untouched (to avoid possible malfunctions). Then moved on to 600 grid and finished off with a polishing compound and a Dremel. Getting the bluing off entirely is the most time consuming part...

Thank you very much guys. I personally think that the 16.3" barrel is what gives it the "cool" look. Kinda like the M1 Socom 16 or II look much more awesome than the full size M1.

Where did you find the furniture for it? I've been looking for a reasonable priced place to pickup some for my 16" as well. It looks awesome dude!

I bought the furniture off ebay. Some guy's auction was ending at 4am on a wednesday (when all norml people are asleep). I was not lazy to set my alarm to 3:55am...

Got the the furniture for ~$70 shipped to my door.

There's a wedsite that sells factory izhmach .308 furniture for $135+shipping... but that's a bit pricy IMO...

Best bet is ebay of course, or trade with some one at the range.