I just bought this big ass metal fire extinguisher cabinet off the bay, and I'm hopping to recess it sideways in a wall and mount my S-12 (folded stock) in it. I want to etch "In Case Of Zombies - Break Glass" or something similar in it and stain, paint or dye it. I had a guy make me a custom beer mug years ago, and he used some stuff that withstood repeated washings and beer spills. It just wiped on, let dry, and was good to go. What should I use on this? I couldn't find anything on ebay or maybe wasn't searching for the right product. Thanks.

Edited by BronCobraJet

The etching cream is no problem, but I want to color the etching in red or black or something. The beer mug I had was one of those huge 2 1/2 can full styles, and the guy sand blasted a skull and cross bones and my initials on it. I was at Wyo Tech at the time, and he was in the paint and body shop. He did the skull and bones in purple and the initials in black. It looked bad ass with an amber background. I just don't know what type/kind of paint that he used. It was very durable, though. He just smeared the color on, then wiped up the excess and the "frosted" part held the color. I'm not doing the whole cabinet, just the stencil on the glass. Thanks for the heads up, though Medic! I just need a source for the color.

I'm in the middle of cowpasture NE. I would have to order all my supplies online. My "Worlds Largest WalMart"(in the state of NE), 45 miles away doesn't even carry 00 Buck or slugs. Thank Golly I travel to KS in my work, and the WalMart there does carry that stuff. Sometimes I really like being 10 years behind the rest of the nation, sometimes not. That is one cool avatar obake! Who is it?

I'm in the middle of cowpasture NE. I would have to order all my supplies online. My "Worlds Largest WalMart"(in the state of NE), 45 miles away doesn't even carry 00 Buck or slugs. Thank Golly I travel to KS in my work, and the WalMart there does carry that stuff. Sometimes I really like being 10 years behind the rest of the nation, sometimes not. That is one cool avatar obake! Who is it?

It's Hitgirl from a new comicbook movie called "Kickass".

I would just get a place that has the vinyl cutting machine to cut it out of red window tint or translucent red vinyl backwards and apply inside the glass. If you would have to order the suuff to etch and dye maybe just order it made. I know some one has one on here. Or maybe juggs has the machine.

Edit to add http://www.decalfx.com/color_selection.html

Edited by madmax4x4
That is one cool avatar obake! Who is it?

It's Hitgirl from a new comicbook movie called "Kickass".

Further thread hijacking (is it really hijacking if the OP asks the question?):

The movie is called Kick-Ass. It should kick ass, though. You can get the basics here, and an interview with the director over at AICN

Thanks to both bigcec1 and madmax4x4. The paint deal looks like a good shot. If it doesn't pan out, I'll go with the vinyl. Nalioth, my mind kept wandering over to that avatar, so I had to ask! lol. She is kind of "eye catching" or candy or something. Thanks for the links!