5 Jersey City, New Jersey police officers shot

Anybody know anything about the type of shotgun used in the shootings of the 5 Jersey City, New Jersey police officers, it's reported that the shotgun was "not a normal shotgun", that it was "meant to hunt nothing other than men".

Christ I hope it's not a S-12, bad enough that 5 good guys get shot but to get it with one of ours is just to much, the only good thing in this tragedy is that the two animals doing the shooting are taking the long sleep.

The anti's will have a field day with this if it was an S-12.

"This individual came fully ready to go to war with us," the chief said at a news conference. "This is not a normal shotgun ... and he decided to put these cops under fire."

Police chiefs are usually political appointees. They rarely have much, if any, connection with rank and file police officers. Especially considering it happened in a State like New Jersey, which is about as leftist and anti-gun as they come, it should come as no surprise that the Police Chief in whose jurisdiction it happened would issue an inflammatory statement regarding the weapon used.

As much as I hate to say it, it might be a good thing that this leftist JBT wannabe shot his mouth off. He demonized what is and has up till now, been a typical hunting firearm that is used frequently by Fudds that themselves frequently demonize our "evil black guns". Maybe now, at least some Fudds will begin to see the light, and understand that they are next in the democommie war to disarm us. And before everyone jumps on me for using the term "Fudd", be advised that I use the term to denote hunters who see themselves as superior to anyone who uses "evil black" firearms. FWIW, I am a hunter myself, and also own and shoot a number of "evil black" firearms for both hunting and recreational use. Save the umbrage for those of us shooters who claim we "don't need semi-autos to kill Bambi", and "would like to see every one of those damned black semi-autos banned".

Maybe we should all spread the word about this among our hunter friends about how a pump shotgun has been determined to be "not a normal shotgun" and "meant to hunt nothing but men", simply because it was a standard pump shotgun that had a sling that carried extra ammunition and a collapsible stock meant to make transport easier for hunters and informal recreational shooters. FWIW, slings for shotguns that hold extra ammunition are inventoried and sold by many hunting type outdoors retail outlets like Bass Pro Shop, Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouse, etc, and hunters routinely buy and use them to allow them to carry and have handy ammunition for day long hunts. Collapsible stocks are commonly used to make both defense and recreational shotguns easier to transport along with other hunting and recreational shooting equipment. There is absolutely nothing that makes a collapsible stock or a sling that can carry spare ammunition even the slightest bit "deadlier" than a standard fixed buttstock and/or a plain hunting sling. Yet these features, used by many hunters, have now been deemed to make an ordinary shotgun one "meant to hunt nothing but men" with the utterance of a few words by a political activist.

So far I have seen nothing that might indicate that the shotgun had an extended magazine, but it's not unlikely that it did. Even so, that too is irrelevant, as many shotgunners who use their shotguns for informal recreational shooting have extended magazines to eliminate some of the hassle of frequent reloading.

Personally, I'd answer any comments about my S-12 by telling critics of it that it would be perfect for defending against anyone like the murderer in this case.

When they killed Bonnie and Clyde they paraded their corpses through the streets. Now we put a sheet over the dead and wheel them out the back way while we parade the firearms seized in front of a press conference. When did people in this country decide that the real threat was the gun and not the hand that weilds it?