Cronkite's dead... too bad, so sad, but let it go

So Walter Cronkite died, at the ripe old age of 92, who could've seen it coming??!! What a shocker! :rolleyes:

I heard about this earlier, and it's unfortunate, but the man was hardly a hero of mine, (thanks for turning the public against a war we were winning in Vietnam, Wally).

Now even Fox is plastered with Cronkite coverage, dripping with sickeningly sappy sentiment. I finally gave up on trying to watch Hannity when at over 30 min into the program, Fox was still preempting Sean's show for yet more Cronkite commentary by various jouralists, gushing over what an amazing "pioneer" Cronkite was. Blah, blah, fuckin blah.

Cronkite deserves more praise and his death deserves more coverage than Jacko's, obviously, but seriously, announce the expected death, give 5-10 minutes of commentary, and let's move on!!

Who agrees with me?

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I want to hear Michael Savage who spoke against Cronkite's lies during the 1968 Tet Offensive where the NVA and VC lost over 50,000 soldiers and guerillas killed by the US and South Vietnam forces now that Cronkite's dead. Walter Cronkite claimed the NVA was winning when at a time they were getting a crippling blow by US forces. This was a spit on the brave Americans who were sent there to fight with their hands tied behind their backs and not allowed to win who died or were maimed there.

The 'most trusted man in America' did more harm to American involvement than the accursed Hanoi Jane ever did.