saiga mags w/ bullet guide installed + mag loaders?

I have two questions, first is will saiga mags still work if there is a bullet guide installed to take traditional AK mags?

Second is, will an AK magazine loader work with saiga mags, such as the maglula for AK47s?

Thanks!

The Saiga mags will work if you file the lip off of the front of the mag. Compare it to a standard AK magazine; you'll know exactly what to do.

However, I must note that after filing the mag catch in order for milsurp AK mags to fit, my Saiga won't work with the 10-rounder it came with. The 10-rounder sits too low to correctly feed the cartridges.

thanks you guys who have responded so far. I intend on getting a saiga next month, and it will be my 1st real rifle. I have seen videos of the maglula loader and it looked fast and easy and was wondering if it would work. Im pretty much leaning towards a saiga in 7.62x39 although i am kinda liking the AMD-65.

I filed the Mags I bought, I don't intend on 'SHARING' at the end of the world with anyone.

And why 'Defile' a new rifle when I can maim the $9 mags..

My .02 on this.

After I get my BG installed I'll trim the stock mag(s) feed ramp/lip I have to fit.

I have two questions, first is will saiga mags still work if there is a bullet guide installed to take traditional AK mags?

Thanks!

I recently installed Dinzag's bullet guide for a flat trunnion. Both my original mag and standard steel mags work. I think the key to keeping the original mag working is to only file enough off the top of the mag catch lever to barely allow the standard mag to "click in".

I held the rifle in my lap upside down muzzle to the right. Pressed and held the mag catch lever with my left hand towards the muzzle to straighten out the top angle a little (get it parallel to the file) and filed with my right had using a flat needle file. You would be exerting upward pressure on the file. File, check, file, check, etc until the "click". The catch tended to want to get stuck when I was getting close. An easy rap from a rubber mallot unstuck it.

After I get my BG installed I'll trim the stock mag(s) feed ramp/lip I have to fit.

I can only vouch for a flat trunnion x39, but Dinzag's guide doesn't interfere with the original 10-rounder at all. Mine still works fine without doing anything to it.