Good 308 Ammo

After doing a search I have read that 150 gr seems to be better for the Saiga than 180. I will mostly shoot pretty cheap ammo when I am at the range and out having fun.

Although I would like to find out what quality ammo shoots best in my 308. Figure I will need to try out a few different types. Was curious what you guys may have found to shoot well in your 308. Figure that would at least give me a good place to start.

Thanks for any info!

I found 168 gr. 308 seems better, I'm shooting at 200M, and I'm still looking, I don't know if I'm ready to pay for Lapua shells yet but I'm thinking about it. I reload and found the 168 gr, appears the best for me.

After doing a search I have read that 150 gr seems to be better for the Saiga than 180. I will mostly shoot pretty cheap ammo when I am at the range and out having fun.

Although I would like to find out what quality ammo shoots best in my 308. Figure I will need to try out a few different types. Was curious what you guys may have found to shoot well in your 308. Figure that would at least give me a good place to start.

Thanks for any info!

I've been using 150gr Australian surplus ammo lately its been pretty good about 3-4" groups @ 100yards. I've also use 168gr Privi-partizan match grade ammo which gives me about the same size groups, sometimes its 2-3" on a good day. Its all up to preference of the shooter but I find the 150gr stuff cheaper.

Lighter match loads always produce pretty good results (under 170 gr).

To practice/plink, I have found some surplus to be fantastic in the accuracy department, especially the German DAG NATO ammo. South African surplus is decent practice ammo too, that can be had in bulk for a good price, and the British RG ammo shoots a little less accurate than that. The Spanish and Lithuanian surplus I have shoots worse than Wolf out of my Saigas, so I traded that stuff for a K31 rifle.

Buy a small amount of ammo to try before you commit to buying a large stockpile of it. Also, no two guns are exactly the same and often have different ammo preferences.

Good luck with your Saiga.