Minnesota Specific Compliance Question - Compensator

Thanks to this site and the wealth of resources it points to, my friend has a fully converted Saiga in x39. He has the G2 FCG, ACE Butt Stock and a cut down Tapco Galil Foregrip. He prefers Bulgarian Mags, but regardless, is IN compliance in its current form. He wants to add a comp to his rifle, similar to K-Var's US made:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=286&page=1

I offered that threading the barrel and adding a comp may affect 922r, (barrel attachment). Can anyone suggest a site with this info, or possibley know off the top of your head, (in regards to Minnesota Law)? And yes, I know, "we are not lawyers..."

Thanks for your sincere reply

Edited by Simply Saiga

I don't know what the Minnesota law says.

As far as the fed law goes, it comes down to how many forien parts it has. So if it already has 10 or less of the offending parts, making it compliant, he could just make sure that the muzzle device is US made, or replace another non US part on the list that the rifle currently has.

Edited by cscharlie
...it comes down to how many forien parts it has. So if it already has 10 or less of the offending parts, making it compliant, he could just make sure that the muzzle device is US made, or replace another non US part on the list that the rifle currently has.

Thanks cscharlie. It sounds like as long and the 'muzzle attachment' is US made, it should be alright. A threaded brake shouldn't make any difference vs. a welded/perm brake, if I understand 922r correctly.

As a side note, if anyone has a good source for MN Law regarding so called "assault rifles"/converted saiga rifles, please pass it along. I continue looking for a good resource, but have not found the clear and specific language I'm looking for.

As a side note, if anyone has a good source for MN Law regarding so called "assault rifles"/converted saiga rifles, please pass it along.

The "Hometown" forums on Arfcom are a pretty good place for info on state laws and regulations. If you don't already have an account there, sign up.

Here's the Minnesota Hometown Forum:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=28

Edited by 22_Shooter