ACTIV wads... 12 gauge

To help me out!! LOL

I bought a few bags of ACTIV T-32 Yellow wads, and ACTIV TG-30 Red wads today... They were a buck a bag for 500 wads... so we are talking about 6 bucks... ( 3 bags of each)

My conundrum is I am having a BITCH of a time finding much load data for these wads as they are 20-25 years old now...

I have SOME very MINIMAL DATA from the little pamphlet included with the bags... but I was wondering if anyone of you shotshell guys can tell me a relatively CURRENT wad CROSS REFERENCE for these... or hell... even a wad cross reference chart thats out there somewhere lurking on the web?!?!??

Any info would be appreciated...

I am looking to load 1 1/8 ounce trap loads with them primarily... but I will be happy for ANY load data I can get that will allow me to use multiple hulls like any Remington formed hull, AA, and even Federal game ( NOT the gold medal) with fiber base wad, or the RIO's... Also, if I can keep it to several brands of powder... Its a pain to have to buy a pound or two just to load up one style of hull or wad... but if we can stick with titewad, longshot, or blue dot... great... if not... I will buy more powder to load them...

Thanks in advance!!!

:smoke:

Thanks, Gaddis...

The first one I have already seen...

The second one, I will have to sign up there to pm her... but thats certainly worth a shot!! :up: And if she still has the data would probably be the best bet!!

The last link... I spent some time there already... but never sifted anything out of it yet... but I am not done there... so we will see...

So far... still nothing specific... I wish I could find a table or a chart that shows what wads work in place of others... ah well... what ya gonna do...

:smoke:

If push comes to shove you could always use the Lee universal load sheet. Those are loads that are supposedly safe with any hull/wad combination so long as you use the called for charge of powder with a non-magnum primer for the given shot weight. No guarantees crimps are going to be pretty. More often then not those loads end up being like low recoil loads because they calculate the powder charge for the maximum pressure combination someone could come up with and anything else just means lower pressure and velocity.

http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/LA1070.pdf

It lists charges by Lee bushing sizes so unless you are using their machine you will need to go to the second page and figure out exactly how many grains of powder each bushing size really is and then figure out the equivalent bushing for your machine.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a few for WW AA type shells:

Dr. Eq.--Wt.----Vel.---Primer---Wad------Powder----Wt. Grs.----PSI

2-1/2---1-1/8--1090--W209--ActiveT32--Red Dot----16.0-------8600

2-1/2---1-1/8--1090--W209--ActiveT32--Grn Dot----17.5-------6700

2-3/4---1-1/8--1145--W209--ActiveT32--Red Dot----16.5-------9400

2-3/4---1-1/8--1145--W209--ActiveT32--Grn Dot----18.0-------7600

From "The complete loading manual for the 12 gauge shotshell"

No luck yet on the TG30

Bob